Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 MOD POST #1130

1328329330331332334»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    If Joe Cole starts 10 or more games next season then we're ****ed, because it will mean the squad is far, far too weak for us to get near achieving our goals.

What should be our goal for this season?
    Bear in mind its looking less and less likely that the Owners are putting in money for transfers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

NukaCola wrote: »
    What should be our goal for this season?
    Bear in mind its looking less and less likely that the Owners are putting in money for transfers

Close the gap on CL football significantly or challenge for a trophy or two in the cups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,476 ✭✭✭✭cson

Was just about to ask that; what would you lads consider a successful season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,476 ✭✭✭✭cson

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Close the gap on CL football significantly or challenge for a trophy or two in the cups.

I'm interested in the 'or' part of that LL, would you be happy with 6th and the Carling Cup [or whatever its called now]?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

close the gap on 4th, couldnt give a toss about the cups.

• Advertisement

cson wrote: »
    I'm interested in the 'or' part of that LL, would you be happy with 6th and the Carling Cup [or whatever its called now]?

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Success would be about 15 more points than last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I agree.....i would be quite happy letting the youth play in those games entirely....including the Europa league

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

champions league....all day long. Has to be target numero uno.

I like to win things. Remember that CL qualification is desirable because it is an ultimate means to an end - that being the winning of trophies. If we won the Europa League to the detriment of CL qualification I'd have no qualms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Once we don't get relegated that's all I want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

To me, getting closer to the Top 4 is the biggest target of the season. It's great winning a cup, but I'd rather improve our League position and form.

Of course, it's not just about finishing up the table, it's about how we go about it too. So, for example, I'd probably rather we came 7th ( up one spot ) but with 15 more points, then coming 5th, but still playing as poorly as last season, but other teams dropping off more etc.

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Thread has gone over 10,000 posts, I'll close this and set ye up a new shiny thread in a minute.

;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement