Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying iPhoto Books

Options
  • 06-01-2006 7:35pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone ever done this? Do the deliver them to Ireland?
    I want to one together for my friends 21st.

Also, do you have to have a .mac account to buy one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Yes, I actually really enjoy making iPhoto books and it's easy. They do deliver to Ireland and no you don't need a . Mac account. Make sure you edit your photos though. It's easy if you have iLife 05 or Photoshop.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

What do you mean edit your photos? Like take out red eye? I do that.

So, are the books good? Are they expensive? How long do they take to deliver. sorry bout all the questions! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

dory wrote:
    What do you mean edit your photos? Like take out red eye? I do that.

So, are the books good? Are they expensive? How long do they take to deliver. sorry bout all the questions! :o
    I think they're good. My family and friends think they're great. They feel a little excluded when they find out I did it on my Mac though. My sister has even asked me to do one of her family. Here's the price list http://www.apple.com/ilife/iphoto/books/prices.html There could be some other crowd doing it cheaper. I've never looked into it, because I really like the iPhoto -iBook integration. Delivery is about 10-14 days. I think their printed in New York.
    I was a bit disappointed with the small books though. I thought there were too small and a bit of a waste.

With editing make sure the lighting and color are right, because it's very noticeable in the books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭stupefly

I too am about to buy my first iBook, and I don't have time to get it wrong and order it again as it's for a present! So I'm a bit worried....

Main concern is with the little warning sign that indicates the res on the photos isnt good enough. This is making my life harder as I'm working with old photos! Im not trying to blow oldies up to a full page or anything!

My question is....will the photos be printed just as they look on my computer? I dont need the photos to be perfect ie 100% sharp and to my untrained eye some of the ones with the warning look fine. Will the print blurry??

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭stupefly

One more thing, are there any new themes in iLife 06? Im having trouble with the ones in iLife 05. Im trying to put a 'This is your life' type book together, but there's not much scope for writing titles on pages or even captions with some page designs. Am I missing an 'insert text' thing that's right in front of me? :D Or are the supposed to just be photo books?

• Advertisement
Advertisement