Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac security

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

His articles are not great usually. The article can best be summed up as "well I know you *should* be complacent, because there's no problem - but you shouldn't be - just in case!"

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

In fairness he does have a point though. The Mac OS is better than windows in ways everyone on this board already knows, but it could still be hit by viruses. Mac OS has also become more popular since the launch of the iMac which only increases the possibility that some eejit will try a mac virus.

The way things are going for the Mac OS, isn't it just a case of 'when' instead of 'if'?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I'm not worried personally.. the Mac has fundementally better security. Anyway, I've been using a windows PC online since '97 and I've never gotten a single virus, cos I'm not a muppet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Viruses don't worry me that much. At least when you have one you usually know about it. It's the stuff that I don't know about that worries me. Such as: Spyware, keyloggers, bots, and dodgey p2p sh!t running in the background. Not to mention the so called anti piracey software some large companies (sony) are developing. Thankfully most of these problems are confined to the land of XP.:)

Advertisement