Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.mac accounts...are they worth it??

Options
  • 11-01-2006 10:56pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone here have a .mac account?

I'm thinking about getting one. The new iweb seems aimed at getting people to use them. Good marketing ploy. :D

My question is though: I'd only use it when I'm travelling abroad. And most internet cafes use Windows computers. Would I be able to upload stuff from a Windows PC to my account? Im thinking of getting the free trial to see what it does.

Also, does one with iLife 05 have to pay full price for iLife 06 or is there an upgrade?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kevmac

Have .mac for two years and wouldn't be without it now.

Just ordered iLife '06 and look forward will be dabbling with iWeb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I have a .Mac account too. I use it to keep it touch with my family in California and transfer files from work(Windows PC) to home. I Couldn't be without it. Yes you need to buy iLife 06 even if you have 05. For what you get it's not a bad price though. I just ordered iLife 06 and can't wait to use iWeb

Dory- You should never use a public computer to access anything personal or shop. It's very dangerous. A hackers Dream:eek:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Yikes! I never knew that about public computers, guess it makes sense!

One more thing about .mac what would your websites address be? I wouldnt want something really long that no one could remember. I it like www.yourusername.mac or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It's something like www.homepage.mac.com/yourname. You can easily sign up for a free two month trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭deecom

Yeah have a .mac couldn't live without it now, and when it costs so little why not! Want to have a go with iWeb now too......:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

dory wrote:
    Does anyone here have a .mac account?

Yes.

Its most useful feature (for me) is that it allows me to keep 3 Macs in sync with each other - address book, calendars and email. So all 3 are identical on each of the machines - 1 at work an 2 at home. I'm aware that you can achieve this using other free software, but the convenience of .Mac is overpowering.

Advertisement