Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you from in Leitrim?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

Stan 10 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm from Aughnasheelin and seing it is such a small place it is great to have at least two people from here on Boards.

Come on the Neddies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭tregan

from a place called Effernagh - find that on your map! :D live in north dublin now though but still go down every few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mickjoe

Though I am not from Mohill, I spent lots of time there during the summer holidays, my late mother was from Lisdadnan, Mohill. I still have a load of cousins living there. I am living in england.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

mickjoe wrote: »
    Though I am not from Mohill, I spent lots of time there during the summer holidays, my late mother was from Lisdadnan, Mohill. I still have a load of cousins living there. I am living in england.
    Good to see another ex pat Leitrimer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

originally from Manchester, now living in Gorvagh. lovely place. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Am Dublin born but my Dad's from Annaghearly . . . just down the road from where tregan is from. In the shadow (sorta) of Sheemore the fairy hill.

God bless Bridie Mc and the Swan Lake Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

From Butler's Marina most weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

am from a place in between kesh, effernagh, and kilnagross in the parish of kiltubrid, im sorry i ever left home but lucky enough im heading back there when my house is finished to live,,,,,,,,,,,,,the smell of turf,slurry,and silage mixed togethar cant be bet by any other county

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

From Aughavas, the birthplace of the "Lovely Leitrim" writer Phil Fitz...
    Now living in NW Donegal.

i was in pull in ass last summer for the first time in about 20 odd years ,looks a bit smaller than i remember,but o god the warm water on the top pond was great:) ,any one know whos responsible for the barb wire in the bottom of the pond:eek:

• Advertisement

"pull in ass", I guess thats directed my way!!! What or where are you on about with the "top pond"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

i was in pull in ass last summer for the first time in about 20 odd years ,looks a bit smaller than i remember,but o god the warm water on the top pond was great:) ,any one know whos responsible for the barb wire in the bottom of the pond:eek:

I'm sure some of the bank futher up the mountain got washed in with some fencing. Yes, that's it, the river bank. Nobody would question such a likely story. Muhahahahaha..........I mean, um, eh, .........(sound of running, door slams).:D
    p.s. I think it's "Pol an Ease" or something like that. I remember being disappointed years ago finding out it wasn't spelt the way it was pronounced.

well cull a cnoic ,no that post wasnt any way insulting to aughavas, because i have land there, pullin ass is a waterfall in aughnasheelin, the mountain side of ballinamore,
    aughnasheelin is a parish made up entirely of waste (scrub) land, and the people there call themselves neddies, i am aware of this inside information on this area and its people, because my auntie was unlucky enough to end up marriied to a man from that parish,
    this will also give you an inside view on what kiltubrid thinks of neddyville, so basically aparts from the beutiful water fall with the barbwire in the bottom of the pond ,pullinass is in the middle of a desert, known as aughnasheelin or locally as neddynille

Thanks Leitrim Lad, all is clear now. Seen a post of yours for that drink "fun", can't remember it but do remember Mc Glynns as a youngster and George C, who is from the neighbouring Cloone. If memory serves me right, he had a loud & wild laugh.. memories...

ah yes he lives in a lovely little cottage, with a very steep hill behind it,i have a cousin married over your way, she is from mohill ,but married to a cloone man and living on the parish border of cloone /aughavas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mccabeherself

You have no idea how odd it is for me to see Leitrim villages and parishes discussed on a forum....!

Im from Cloone, everyone seems to know me in the Leitrim area though.

i think i know who you are ,im not going to mention your name,
    you might also know me, my cousin in married to the undertaker/publican from cloone, couldnt meet a nicer fella.

Hahaha theres my point exactly...

The older or younger publican?
    Im really bad at knowing people! I dont know many of the cousins in the family im thinking of though. Although I do know the family well enough.

the son is married to my cousin from keegans cross

Well I know who you are on about now! I work with your cousins in Mohill so:)

I cant place you though?

• Advertisement

He nearly made it to the promised land of Aughavas, I would guess about 200 yards short of the border..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 booboobear

Cloghally Upper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 thebigfella68

urban hub of carrick on shannon tis a busy little town :p

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭big_show

well cull a cnoic ,no that post wasnt any way insulting to aughavas, because i have land there, pullin ass is a waterfall in aughnasheelin, the mountain side of ballinamore,
    aughnasheelin is a parish made up entirely of waste (scrub) land, and the people there call themselves neddies, i am aware of this inside information on this area and its people, because my auntie was unlucky enough to end up marriied to a man from that parish,
    this will also give you an inside view on what kiltubrid thinks of neddyville, so basically aparts from the beutiful water fall with the barbwire in the bottom of the pond ,pullinass is in the middle of a desert, known as aughnasheelin or locally as neddynille

Here's some more inside information, use spell checker...and throw in a few full stops while your at it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

big_show wrote: »
    Here's some more inside information, use spell checker...and throw in a few full stops while your at it :rolleyes:
    Dont post the likes of that again. Infraction given.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭notsobadinc

am from drumshanbo meself, without doubt the most beautiful area of the county but its got to be one of the quietest now.:(
    head back there as much as possible but the gf hates the place, as her village redhills is sooooo spectacular :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ljcoolk

Parents are from Lovely Leitrim

Father from Cloone

Mother from Gortletragh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 real kesh man

a place called corderry peyton, just round by kesh lake

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Blonde27

Im from Carrick, born and bred there :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Winty

Kinlough

But I should win a prize, I am the one of the last original Leitrim People.
    I was born in 1979 in the Hospital in Manorhamilton just days before it became an old people’s home. At the time that was the last hospital in the County so everyone born after me (apart from home births ) were born in Sligo, Cavan or Roscommon.

Advertisement