Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Natasha Richardson

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭hblock21

Just read it on rte.ie. Very tragic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,030 ✭✭✭✭Basq

As a big fan of films and TV, I just can't place Natasha Richardson.

I keep getting thinking of Joely Richardson when I hear her name.

Very sad all the same... RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

The poor woman, my heart goes out to her family and liam & her boys. RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I didn't think she'd die, judging by the accounts of the accident. Must have taken awhile for the damage to really hit in.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

It's scary how simply it happened...a few weeks ago my 8yr fell and banged the back of his head during his school morning break. I didn't get a phone call 'til after lunchtime. I told the school, if it ever happened again, I wanted to be called straight away.There was a lump on his head the size of a mandarin orange by the time I saw him. Thank God he was ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Really like more info on how she was actually killed. I mean what was the damage, as how can someone fall but be ok for awhile, then become critical later.

Blood clot or something maybe?

Sad news.

Makes me worried about going on ski trips now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

RIP Natasha

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Really like more info on how she was actually killed. I mean what was the damage, as how can someone fall but be ok for awhile, then become critical later.

Sad news.

If there's a little bleed, the blood can build up and put pressure on the brain. That mightn't show for a while. When you go to a casualty dept with a simple head injury, you're sent home with a list of things to watch out for over the next 24hrs, like confusion, vomiting, blurred vision etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Its a very sad story, i only learned to ski last month and i didn't wear a helmet either. I'll be changing that next year i think.

This story reminds me of that Guard that died on the stag night after he'd had a fall, been brought home ok and stuck into bed only to be found dead the next morning.

I wonder if she was wearing a hood or anything? My wee fella was wearing a fleece lined hat when he banged his head. I was wondering if he hadn't been wearing it, how bad it would've been, my hubbie said i was daft, that the hat would've been no protection.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Ann22 wrote: »
    Natasha Richardson has died. Very sad, RIP. Just watched 'Maid in Manhatten last week. :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7949125.stm

Yet Robert Gabriel Mugabe, Kim Jong-il, George Bush and Tony Blair soldier on....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Nodin wrote: »
    Yet Robert Gabriel Mugabe, Kim Jong-il, George Bush and Tony Blair soldier on....

Aye, the world isn't fair :( I feel really sorry for Liam Neeson and the kids, he seems like a genuinely nice fella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Natasha Richardson has died. Very sad, RIP. Just watched 'Maid in Manhatten last week. :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7949125.stm

Yet another celebrity death due to white powder......

basquille wrote: »

capt.18ea56b727979596213e318f6d5e7e44.jpg?x=213&y=213&xc=1&yc=1&wc=300&hc=300&q=85&sig=WOfCdu5ruWFz5bF49J6jgA--

I remember her best as the posh blonde in Maid in Manahatten who's suit Jennifer Lopez borrowed and the mother in The Parent Trap (the version with Lindsay Lohan).

Very sad, RIP.

After this happening, the next time I go skiing I will make sure to have a helmet on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Aye, the world isn't fair :( I feel really sorry for Liam Neeson and the kids, he seems like a genuinely nice fella

Happens to the rich, the famous, the ordinary. I remember one young one. Two days before a christmas they were going out, and her sister went into the next room to get something. They walked in two or three minutes after and found her dead on the floor of (what was found to be) a brain haemorrage. 20 years old. No drugs taken, no drink. Blameless life.

It reinforces my atheism, but the harshness of it is quite depressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Freaky ok - BUT in 1st Batman Begins Liam plays the baddy who's wife died

cue twilight zone track

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭tk123

LouOB wrote: »

cue twilight zone track

The same in Love Actually

cue twilight zone track

Too soon....

Just the Batman curse thang
    Thats all

Didnt hear about the Love Acutually curse tho

• Advertisement

Just the Batman curse thang
    Thats all

Didnt hear about the Love Acutually curse tho

Wow is there any other examples of the batman curse?? Never heard of it before :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

She was Joely's sis. And Vanessa Redgrave is their mam. Natasha wasn't in anything huge, but you'd recognise her face all right. She was in Nell with Jodie Foster years ago.
    Too soon....
    I don't think it was making light of it.

Wow is there any other examples of the batman curse?? Never heard of it before :confused:

errr heath ledger
    christan bale getting arrested just before premier
    other stuffs
    There was details in the news just before release - google

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I met Liam Neeson in a pub in New York once, a genuinely nice bloke. This is tragic news for him and his kids.
    According to people from the Ski Resort it was a pretty inocuous fall so it was a rapid deterioration. RIP.

errr heath ledger
    christan bale getting arrested just before premier
    other stuffs
    There was details in the news just before release - google

Fair enough. Tho I don't think Christian Bale getting arrested has anything to do with Batman, its just coz hes a very angry individual! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Can't recall ever seeing her in anything, but I'm a film illiterate.

Feel sorry for her two boys - desperate age for young lads to lose their ma.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Its a very tragic story shows how fragile life really is... feel for Liam that he's had a loved one Taken from him...

Its a very tragic story shows how fragile life really is... feel for Liam that he's had a loved one Taken from him...

*coughs*............. followed by *tumbleweed*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

RIP

I was knocked out after a bad fall snowboarding a couple of years ago (which i don't even remember) I always wear a helmet now. Her fall was only on a nursery slope and looked what happened :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

Jaysus that's scary
    I liked her

RIP :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Statistically speaking skiing is a pretty safe sport, but I'd recommend wearing a helmet anyway. Ten years ago I split my head open and had to have 15 stitches. The skiis came off and hit me across the head. There was blood everywhere. Scared the crap out of me.

Poor Natasha, and Liam. They've always seemed like really nice people, not to mention fantastic actors so it's a shame for this kind of thing to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Jaysus! Had a few falls myself in Livigno this year but nothing where I banged my head. But there was one time about at the end of my first day of my first ski holiday in Andorra in the 90's where a lost it on ice on a fast blue run and slid head and wrist first into a partially buried fence. No helmet and I was dazed for a few minutes. Head cleared after a while but my wrist was very sore. A few bevvys that night and I woke up the next dsay fearing the worst re. my wrist but in fact the pain was totally gone. Enjoyed the rest of the holiday. Scary to think, what might have been though after hearing this!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

If there's a little bleed, the blood can build up and put pressure on the brain. That mightn't show for a while. When you go to a casualty dept with a simple head injury, you're sent home with a list of things to watch out for over the next 24hrs, like confusion, vomiting, blurred vision etc.

Yeah sounded like a subdural haemorrhage to me as well when i heard it first.
    A bleed from a vein (as opposed to an artery) is more insidious, building up slowly and putting pressure on the brain.
    Very sad.
    RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Sad News. Liam Neeson is one of Ireland finest and his wife (may she RIP) was talented and truely beautiful. My heart feels for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

That's so sad, She was a lovely actress..majorly under rated :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Only really seen her in maid in manhatten (my sister rented it and the other tv was broken I swear :D). My thoughts go out to her family.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Didn't Sunny Bono die in a similar fashion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,030 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Didn't Sunny Bono die in a similar fashion?
    He died ski-ing alright:
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Death

Sonny Bono's headstone at Desert Memorial Park in Cathedral City, California. The epitaph reads: "And The Beat Goes On."

On January 5, 1998, Bono died of injuries after striking a tree while skiing on the Nevada side of the Heavenly Ski Resort near South Lake Tahoe, California.[11]

Bono's death came just days after Michael Kennedy, a son of Robert F. Kennedy, died in a similar skiing accident in Aspen, Colorado. Bono's widow, Mary, was elected to fill the remainder of the Congressional term. Over 10 years after his death, she continues to champion many of Sonny's causes, including the ongoing fight to save the Salton Sea.

After Sonny's death, Mary told an interviewer from TV Guide that Sonny was addicted to and seriously abusing prescription drugs, mainly Vicodin and Valium. Even though Mary claimed that Sonny's drug use caused the accident, the autopsy showed no narcotics and only a very small amount of Valium, not enough to cause impairment according to the Washoe County Coroner's report.

After being asked by Mary Bono, Sonny's ex-wife, Cher, gave a eulogy at Bono's funeral. His final resting place is Desert Memorial Park in Cathedral City, California. The epitaph on Bono's headstone reads: "And The Beat Goes On."[12]
    Source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

This is very sad.

My mum always used to tell me and my siblings to be careful when we were play fighting to be careful not to bang our heads as you could die after one misplaced hit...I never believed her...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

He died ski-ing alright:
    After Sonny's death, Mary told an interviewer from TV Guide that Sonny was addicted to and seriously abusing prescription drugs, mainly Vicodin and Valium. Even though Mary claimed that Sonny's drug use caused the accident, the autopsy showed no narcotics and only a very small amount of Valium, not enough to cause impairment according to the Washoe County Coroner's report.
    After he was conveniently out of the way she also said
    "Actually, Sonny wanted the term of copyright protection to last forever." :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

It's scary how simply it happened...a few weeks ago my 8yr fell and banged the back of his head during his school morning break. I didn't get a phone call 'til after lunchtime. I told the school, if it ever happened again, I wanted to be called straight away.There was a lump on his head the size of a mandarin orange by the time I saw him. Thank God he was ok.

If I was the Principle of the school I would get that kid out as soon as possible with a mother like you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Same here. Had to check imdb then she looked familiar. Poor woman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

It's very bizarre. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was an underlying problem that was either triggered by the fall or possibly caused the fall itself. The autopsy will tell.

Either way, it's so sad for her family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Am i the only person going 'Who?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Disease Ridden

Hazys wrote: »
    Am i the only person going 'Who?'

Nope. I'd never heard of her before she died.

Also, she lived a priveleged life while she was here, getting to do what she enjoyed. I'd feel a lot sorrier for if she was an average person with a few kids struggling to make ends meet and banged her head in a fall.
    We are all going to die, a lot of us more painfuly than what she endured in fairness. I really dont buy into this whole concept of lumping praise onto a famous person when they die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

she had that classy british thing about her , her mother vannessa redgrave is still hot and shes well in her 70,s , she was a communist in the 60,s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭ownknee

Anyone else find it a bit disgusting the way the media are taking photos of the family entering & leaving the hospital?
    I just don't think it's appropriate, regardless of who or what she is.
    Personally if it was my mother/ sister/ daughter, I'd appreciate a bit of privacy.
    I just don't understand why publishing pictures of her grieving family is relevant. It's a private moment for them & should be left that way.
    Anyone agree???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Purple Gorilla

Cunny-Funt wrote: »

Sad news.

I skimmed so sorry if it's been explained already, it's called Talk and Die Syndrome. She hit her head and started to bleed internally She feltfine until the bleeding put pressure on her brain. That's when she felt the headache and then by that time it was too late

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Nope. I'd never heard of her before she died.

Also, she lived a priveleged life while she was here, getting to do what she enjoyed. I'd feel a lot sorrier for if she was an average person with a few kids struggling to make ends meet and banged her head in a fall.
    We are all going to die, a lot of us more painfuly than what she endured in fairness. I really dont buy into this whole concept of lumping praise onto a famous person when they die.
    She was a mother ,somebodys sister, daughter,she had friends ,she had a husband ,she had a life and yes ,she was famous .

RIP

• Advertisement
Advertisement