Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paul Williams

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

macdonagh wrote: »
    oh ppl if u only knew the truth. hes in they pay of the cops, what he writes is what they want people to read, well a certain section of them. probabally one of the most unethical journalists in ireland, and thats a really hard position to earn

still works for me! or would you rather go back hiding under a rock and pretend if never happend.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I was at a conference he spoke at and found him very interesting. People might not like him because of the paper he works at or simply because he is saying stuff people find uncomfortable. He is a fair decent journalist and puts his neck out on the line to make people more aware of what is happening around them, what is and isnt reported in the news.

He names and shames and is a very vocal journalist. I believe he has been threatened plenty of times and I think attacks have been made against him by some of the criminals.

Fair play to him imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭i_love_toast

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    Cabra has all that and more,Finbars probably one of the best football and hurling teams in the country with a state of the art clubhouse,with state of the art facitilties,dozens of creches,a fas centre,numerous schools and night colleges,a strong polictical presence that isnt afraid to stand up to the powers that be,mainly Sinn Fein and the late Tony Gregory,anti-bin organisations,it is probably the most community orientated area in Dublin,ask anyone familar with the area

i have to agree!!
    i went to school in cabra and its noe of the friendliest places with just down to earth working clss people who would go out of there way to help you out.and theres no drug problem there at all!or high unemployement!
    this whole bad stigma about cabra is just from people like paul williams writing shoite and people lapping it up thinking its the f*cking getto or something.theres a few bad apples but ya get everyone.99% of the people are just working class dubliners who are friendlier than any of the miserable c*nts living in wealthy areas who wouldnt piss on you if you were rolling around there front garden on fire!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

i have to agree!!
    i went to school in cabra and its noe of the friendliest places with just down to earth working clss people who would go out of there way to help you out.

I believe they're called ordinary decent criminals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

The only criminals in Cabra,would be the ones that kick your teeth out for being muppet,where do you live,Lucan a boring souless commutor town,which is probably riddled with snobby middle class types buying cocaine,but you wont see Paul Williams write about that,only working class areas are the only places with a drug problem according to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

is it because they're working class and from Cabra that you call them criminals or is it just working class in general?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Cabra has all that and more,Finbars probably one of the best football and hurling teams in the country with a state of the art clubhouse,with state of the art facitilties...

Are you f**king joking? :eek: Finbars are one of the dirtiest teams around. Played hurling against them numerous times when I lived in Dublin, never lost to them but nearly lost fingers/eyes several times from dirty pulls. Had a guy break his hurl off my knee about 5 seconds after I'd cleared the ball once. Real nice guys alright... :rolleyes:
    As for the clubhouse, well it may have been a joke, but my oul' lads team (he coaches them) played a game for the official opening, and he asked a couple of club officials in the bar afterwards how they raised the money, and no word of a lie, they told him some of it came from "a few robberies the boys done".

As for Paul Williams, he may be brave doing what he's doing, but he's earning a fortune from writing utter sh1te in a rag paper. No respect here for him.

Zzippy wrote: »
    but my oul' lads team (he coaches them) played a game for the official opening, and he asked a couple of club officials in the bar afterwards how they raised the money, and no word of a lie, they told him some of it came from "a few robberies the boys done".

Sure how else would you fund a gaa club :rolleyes:

Zzippy wrote: »
    Are you f**king joking? :eek: Finbars are one of the dirtiest teams around. Played hurling against them numerous times when I lived in Dublin, never lost to them but nearly lost fingers/eyes several times from dirty pulls. Had a guy break his hurl off my knee about 5 seconds after I'd cleared the ball once. Real nice guys alright... :rolleyes:
    As for the clubhouse, well it may have been a joke, but my oul' lads team (he coaches them) played a game for the official opening, and he asked a couple of club officials in the bar afterwards how they raised the money, and no word of a lie, they told him some of it came from "a few robberies the boys done".

As for Paul Williams, he may be brave doing what he's doing, but he's earning a fortune from writing utter sh1te in a rag paper. No respect here for him.

They were joking with him,its called a wind up,they were doing abit of bantering which is common in working class Dublin

• Advertisement

Zadkiel wrote: »
    Sure how else would you fund a gaa club :rolleyes:

The Oasis had afew karaoke nights.lol

The Oasis had afew karaoke nights.lol

rofl Paul Williams should go there he'd love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

They were joking with him,its called a wind up,they were doing abit of bantering which is common in working class Dublin

Yeah I got that, thats why I said it was prob a joke. The players were still sc*mbags on the pitch though, dirtiest team I ever played against. Well maybe second dirtiest, but definitely the worst in Dublin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭hurdehur

I think he's crazily brave and I wouldn't do his job for any amount of money. Didn't the guards find a device under his car that one time? :eek: And also the poor fella is from Leitrim. Musta been in the SS or something in his last life...

hurdehur wrote: »
    I think he's crazily brave and I wouldn't do his job for any amount of money. Didn't the guards find a device under his car that one time? :eek: And also the poor fella is from Leitrim. Musta been in the SS or something in his last life...

I could be wrong but I think that was a hoax

but......why the SS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭hurdehur

Zadkiel wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I think that was a hoax

but......why the SS?

Think you're right about it being not being live but it was still sending a message. SS because...I don't think they'd be getting the cushy numbers this time around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bobbbb

I disliked him well before he said anything about my area,he has also has a hard on for Finglas,Clondalkin,Tallaght,Crumlin,Drimnagh,Blanchardstown and parts of Limerick,my definition of a community would be people who adknowledge their neighbours who live next to them and help make the area in which they live a better place

Between them the biggest **** holes in Ireland.
    I lived in Cabra for a few months. Acknowledged my neighbour alright. The cops were always at the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Williams is as much a piece of filth as the people he writes about. He's a puppet for the Gardai, who give him all his info but they only give him as much as they want printed. His very minor celeb status went straight to his head.

He has printed outright lies have have resulted in the deaths and near deaths of the people he wrote about and does he give a ****e? Does he ****. I mean the fact he write for that horrible excuse of a rag should say it all but yet people still take his word as gospel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

The guys being talking the same ****e for years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

who's paul williams?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I saw he was on Donal McIntyres "Toughest Towns" last week, and they made him look like a right ****ing clown. He was being filmed switching between 2 different mobile phones (1 in each hand) and talking into them one after the other, trying to make him out to be this guy whos never out of the loop, but it just made me laugh it was so bad.

Not to mention Donal McIntyre adding to the hilarity by walking around dublin city, staring into the distance like a man on a mission :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

His performance on the Late Late re child molesters on the net was truly dire.

bobbbb wrote: »
    I lived in Cabra for a few months. Acknowledged my neighbour alright. The cops were always at the house.

I sincerely doubt that,where in Cabra did you live?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I sincerely doubt that,where in Cabra did you live?

Beside the Garda station by the looks of things.

Beside the Garda station by the looks of things.

Lol,yeah lots of gaurds in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭zoemax

Williams has probably made more from 'crime' than any of the people he writes about - books, tv appearances, etc. He's full of crap and his own self importance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

zoemax wrote: »
    Williams has probably made more from 'crime' than any of the people he writes about - books, tv appearances, etc. He's full of crap and his own self importance.

Good point, it seems as if he's exploiting crime for his own gains and to feed his massive ego.

Advertisement