Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 (End of March 2012 onwards)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

delw wrote: »
    Just seen this on .tv,make of it what you will
    LucyChambersLFC
    Anfield is turning into a studio this evening for a rather exciting photoshoot!
    http://twitter.com/#!/LucyChambersLFC/status/203210086674477057/photo/1/large

Please be Linda naked....

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

Lucy Chambers ‏@LucyChambersLFC
    We're producing images of the stadium for a campaign that one of our official partners will run in 2013 ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Tony Barrett:

"Although Ayre stopped short of defining the disparate roles or identifying the individuals who will fill them, it is understood that Pep Segura, the technical director at the club’s academy, is likely to be promoted to a similar role with the first team. A direct replacement for Damien Comolli as director of football is no longer being sought, but FSG is in the final stages of filling a general manager-style position."

Also apparently reckons Martinez is favourite for manager job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

delw wrote: »
    Just seen this on .tv,make of it what you will
    LucyChambersLFC
    Anfield is turning into a studio this evening for a rather exciting photoshoot!
    http://twitter.com/#!/LucyChambersLFC/status/203210086674477057/photo/1/large

It's either announcing Jen Chang, 2nd/3rd kit or hopefully, something better!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Tony Barrett:

"Although Ayre stopped short of defining the disparate roles or identifying the individuals who will fill them, it is understood that Pep Segura, the technical director at the club’s academy, is likely to be promoted to a similar role with the first team. A direct replacement for Damien Comolli as director of football is no longer being sought, but FSG is in the final stages of filling a general manager-style position."

were is that from?

• Advertisement

redzerdrog wrote: »
    were is that from?

I think it's a quote from tomorrow's Times. I took it from another forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Tony Barrett:

David Ornstein‏@bbcsport_david

I'm told Pep Segura (Liverpool's academy technical director) is already taking on more senior duties. Rated highly by senior management #lfc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

im guessing those addidas seats will have to be replaced now in the stands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

barone wrote: »
    im guessing those addidas seats will have to be replaced now in the stands

Perhaps they can be moved around in any configuration that the club want?
    Spell out GO ANDY imo.

Found this on RAWK. Just for some balance and to show that big-club experience, silverware and reputation aren't everything in selecting a new manager.

Klopp pre-Dortmund

Year Division Position
    2001–02 2. Bundesliga 4th
    2002–03 2. Bundesliga 4th
    2003–04 2. Bundesliga 3rd (promoted)
    2004–05 1. Bundesliga 11th
    2005–06 1. Bundesliga 11th
    2006–07 1. Bundesliga 16th (relegated)
    2007–08 2. Bundesliga 4th

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

A lot of those transfers didnt work out for big outlas:

Henr
    Milito
    Caceras
    Hleb

Hleb and Caceres yeah, the other two not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PFL

LFC Now is advertised on the sky Epg on LFCTV seems to be replaced with a rerun of Phil Neal's Dream Team. Club trying to limit the noise coming from the club cancelling this programme which is a phone in / opinion show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Is the Txiki dream dead already? It was too good to be true :(

Opr

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

G.K. wrote: »
    Hleb and Caceres yeah, the other two not so much.

Agreed and Helb was being universally lauded at the time of purchase, nobody was offering any cavaet to go with buying him.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

opr wrote: »

Opr

You back to hating FSG with every morsel of your being?

Opr

The club decided that ultimately his name would prove too difficult to pronounce, thus it was best to go another direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

Kenneth Dalglish ‏@kennethdalglish
    Overwhelmed by support of the fans. Always been special but even more so now. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. YNWA and I never have.

Tear to a glass eye, i tell ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Overwhelmed by support of the fans. Always been special but even more so now. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. YNWA and I never have.

mayordenis wrote: »
    You back to hating FSG with every morsel of your being?

Haha, I hope my posts didn't come across that harsh.

I just think at this stage FSG need to start getting things right. Fair enough they were green to football and have been learning on the job but we now need to start moving in the right direction.

I just fear that they're still trying to make football decisions when they would be much better off just employing someone like Txiki and let him run with the ball. I would feel a hell of a lot better if I knew someone like that was behind the scenes guiding things.

Opr

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I'm on my phone so can someone do me a favour? Just for the people slating Martinez already. Throw up Shanklys management history before Liverpool please.

I've just seen it on twitter, it's not where you come from, it's where you go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I think Tony Barrett is going to write that Pep Segura will be promoted to Technical Director of First team
    Looks like he also thinks Roberto Martinez will be manager
    Although Ayre stopped short of defining the disparate roles or identifying the individuals who will fill them, it is understood that Pep Segura, the technical director at the club’s academy, is likely to be promoted to a similar role with the first team. A direct replacement for Damien Comolli as director of football is no longer being sought, but FSG is in the final stages of filling a general manager-style position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

amiable wrote: »
    I think Tony Barrett is going to write that Pep Segura will be promoted to Technical Director of First team

It says senior management have been impressed with him? Is that John and Tom? Surely they aren't qualified to assess him?

I'm a huge fan of Pep but I have no idea what his role of Technical Director of the first team would mean.

Opr

It says senior management have been impressed with him? Is that John and Tom? Surely they aren't qualified to assess him?

I'm a huge fan of Pep but I have no idea what his role of Technical Director of the first team would mean.

Opr

I just added a little bit to that post you quoted.
    Seems they will ditch the Director of Football role

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Melion wrote: »
    I'm on my phone so can someone do me a favour? Just for the people slating Martinez already. Throw up Shanklys management history before Liverpool please.

If we're going back to our history we may as well dig up Kenny's past management record for the club as well...

I'd imagine one of your arguments for his sacking is that the game has changed? I'd also imagine the game has changed even more since Shankly's time.

Kenny out for Rafa, I'd be delighted.

Kenny out for Martinez, I don't see the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

so we ko'd KD got a new DOC lost the DOF and have a TD

Cool

Melion wrote: »

It would seem you would like to pick and chose which parts of the clubs history we fall back on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Opr

OPR I don't mean to be getting at your posts, but you have gone from being scathing of FSG then to ecstatic about an appointment that never was.

You are a huge fan of Pep Segura? Steady on FFS

I just added a little bit to that post you quoted.
    Seems they will ditch the Director of Football role

Seems like another weird move from what I can see. Pep's role as I understand it has largely been involved with youth recruitment, training, style of play etc. He outlines most of it below.

http://www.aliverpoolthing.com/2011/07/pep-segura-explains-strategy-behind.html

How would that role work over a first team? Wouldn't his role be a managers role?

Opr

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    If we're going back to our history we may as well dig up Kenny's past management record for the club as well...

I'd imagine one of your arguments for his sacking is that the game has changed? I'd also imagine the game has changed even more since Shankly's time.

Kenny out for Rafa, I'd be delighted.

Kenny out for Martinez, I don't see the point.

Shanks would be frothing at the mouth over all this nonsense excitement over DOF's and Commercial Directors etc.....

OPR I don't mean to be getting at your posts, but you have gone from being scathing of FSG then to ecstatic about an appointment that never was.

You obviously don't read the Liverpool thread too often.

If OPR says he is a big fan of Pep Segura it's with good reason.

What are you talking about? I was delighted with the appointment because I want someone other than FSG making the football decisions. The fact FSG could have got someone of his caliber would have been a major coop.

I've no idea what your comment about Pep is about?

Opr

Seems like another weird move from what I can see. Pep's role as I understand it has largely been involved with youth recruitment, training, style of play etc. He outlines most of it below.

How would that role work over a first team? Wouldn't his role be a managers role?

Opr

He has a league title to his name as a manager in Greece

Opr

I'm not sure but it does seem like things are happening behind the scenes and rapidly IMO.

I'm a little surprised this hasn't heightened the Rafa rumours though ;)

He has a league title to his name as a manager in Greece

He's not being promoted as manager :confused:

Opr

• Advertisement

You obviously don't read the Liverpool thread too often.

If OPR says he is a big fan of Pep Segura it's with good reason.

i'm well aware of the progress of the youths and reserves. Not just at LFC either.

Segura and Borrell have done sterling work (pardon the awful pun) but claiming to be a huge fan is a little over the top. He is a technical director.

This is Liverpool FC in 2012, getting excited about technical directors :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Gerty wrote: »

Tear to a glass eye, i tell ya.

Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Anybody fancy Capello

He's not being promoted as manager :confused:

Opr

He did similar work at Olympiakos, he was technical director/first team coach

Who knows, maybe FSG will interview him about the job aswell

Segura as Manager/Techinal Director & Borrell as first team coach.

These guys were not happy being overlooked at Barca time and time again, i'd imagine they came to Liverpool with ambitions of being involved with the first team eventually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Anybody fancy Capello

Not my type

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

IM very curious about Steve Clarke staying on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Anyone else feel like this Matinez stuff is a distraction ploy, making all the journos look at the left hand , while the right is free to contact others with less press looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭budgemook

Perhaps they can be moved around in any configuration that the club want?
    Spell out GO BRUTUS imo.

FYP

Anyone else feel like this Matinez stuff is a distraction ploy, making all the journos look at the left hand , while the right is free to contact others with less press looking.

i'd say they are just actually interviewing Martinez, amongst others

AtIObQdCEAEvPbz.jpg

Stuart Broad. Cricketer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Anybody fancy Capello

Capello is already taking the Chelsea job, too many 'solid' people are saying it for it not to be true. Heard 3 or 4 today from Italy all say the same and all think 99%.

Anybody fancy Capello

Mrs Capello.

G.K. wrote: »
    Stuart Broad. Cricketer

Haha. I'm surprised with you G.K.

I didn't think you would bite :p

???

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.