Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Netsource package pricing??

Options
  • 01-03-2004 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone any info on these?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Hmm, seemingly existing customer s were changed to the 24:1 contention ratio product last week. So, um, they don't seem to have pricing on the 48:1 product now, also this means no-one is on the alleged cap that is contradictory on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

I've been told the soho is being put as an sme now. And the 1mg line is gonna be 89+vat.

Nothing is confirmed but time will tell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

This is not final and could still be changed, however I have heard that it is likely Netsource will offer 2mbit ADSL for 169 ex. VAT. There will be no cap, and a block of 8 IP addresses will be available at no additional cost if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I emailed Netsource and they told me that they would be finalizing their pricing this evening......

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

They are dragging their feet compaired to the other isps, somebody posted yesterday in the broadband forum that they called NS yesterday to be told they were doing the same YESTERDAY evening, hmmm....

Do i go with esat who just might have me up and running by the time the two months notice to NS expires (i am on one of their 40 exchanges which makes it extremely tempting)... or back to eircom whos dsl service was excellant have to say even though the cap was only 3gb ,although never enforced.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

They are just after telling me that they will be imposing a €75 disconnection fee for anyone leaving their service.

Do any of the other BB providers charge for disconnecting the service?

I can't see how this is anything but anti-competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,527 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Originally posted by machalla
    They are just after telling me that they will be imposing a ?75 disconnection fee for anyone leaving their service.

If this is instead of the two months notice, it's not that bad.

if this is in addition to the two month notice, it's a change in term which should breach comreg rules.

gerard

The contract you are on at the moment, is a 2 month rolling contract, therefore if you wish to cancel services with Netsource, you can simply send in an email stating this and the service will be cancelled 2 months from that date.

There is also a 75 euro disconnection charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mayto

from silicon republic about ns pricing for soho ,

Independent internet service provider (ISP) Netsource took advantage of Eircom’s wholesale price cut to introduce six services for the business market ranging from teleworkers to large corporate services. The first two SOHO (small office, home office) offerings, standard and enhanced, are available for a rate of between €29.99 and €33 for services that are 512kbps downstream and 128kbps upstream. The service includes a free broadband modem, a two month rolling contract and an installation fee of €81.88.

i suppose these are ex. vat with domain fee on top, so looking at about e48 - e52 incl. vat i think.i gave my notice to quit about month ago but that disconnection fee is crap.

I do not see this anywhere on their site, atm don't seem to be able to find the T&C document i presume they sent when i signed up.

I will be dragged naked and screaming accross hot coals before i pay €75 for disconnection. Sounds very dodgy to me, am writing to Comreg about this (after i've turned my apartment upsidedown and printed out the T&C's as are currently on the site).

Mind if they offer 1mb at something approaching reasonable..all will be peaches and cream again , if not...I declare WAR .

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Same here.

It looks like Netsource are just going to keep the same price (€45). The contention ratio upgrade doesn't make any difference at all, and of course they introduced their caps recently too. In fact the pings are worse on average since they 'upgraded' the contention ratio.

Just one look at their domain name registration fee and you can see Netsource are basically rip off merchants (€120pm for a domain)? Email scanning €20 per month? What a joke.

I'm still curious to know if ANY other BB provider in the country is trying to charge a disconnection fee? Is there any justification for it?

I'd like to get all points of view and information before lodging a complaint with Comreg and possibly the Competition Authority rather than flying off the handle about it first. I am quite annoyed by this attitude as well but I want to know is this something to do with Eircom that applies to all BB providers. Do the other BB providers subsume disconnection costs.?

The new details account details are reported on http://www.siliconrepublic.com/srep.ic/news.html?storyid=single2795 (free signup to view) , wont post the article here as ii presume its copyright.

However it breaks down to this (presumably all ex vat and without the domain name addon/hidden charge)

SOHO

Standard - €29.99 - >512/128
    Enhanced - €33 ->512/128

Doesnt specify what "enhanced" gives extra

Enterprise Business Broadband

Standard - €89 ->1024/256
    Enhanced - €89 ->1024/256

Doesn't Specify what "enhanced" gives extra

Corporate Business Broadband

Standard - €169 ->2048/256
    Enhanced Details unknown

All prices are presumably ex vat. I would imagine that the difference between standard and enhanced will remain the same as on http://www.netsource.ie/html/access_solutions.html and will incure the extra hidden charges such as the most expensive domain name registration charge in the world (probably)...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

That hidden compulsory[1] charge has bugged me for some time. While it's expensive (to say the least) there's nothing wrong with them having it compulsory as long as they include it in the price (by adding the tenner on to the advertised price) if they're advertising. Anyone know if Netsource have been advertising the price of the entry level package without a big "You have to pay an extra tenner on top" warning? Radio, TV, print ads? I think a note to the ODCA might be justified about it to be honest (hopefully they won't paml it off to comreg)

[1]I do realise that a few people here have managed to get out of it by some clever gymnastics but it's basically a compulsory charge that isn't really even an "extra". As an ongoing charge knocking in "terms and conditions apply" won't cover them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

NS said that those figures are ballpark figures but they are still waiting on them to be confirmed.

If the 33euro a month one is the current sme pack(ie uncapped) then that would be sweet alright.

Anyone know tho if the 1Meg line is the eircom one with high interleaving?

Well it would be 33 ex vat and ex the domain charge too..makes it more expensive than every other broadband provider in the country ...time to leave ..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The problem with leaving is you then have to fork out the setup charges for another ISP, negating the savings you might have made. You're also without broadband for the period of changeover.
    NS should drop the domain charge NOW. Then the package will be attractive. I'm also awaiting to see what their cap limitations are. I don't like having to watch over my shoulder to see I don't push it.

Well am going to eircom as I swore blind i'd not go back to those shower of b*****ds at esat after SNL..and somehow feel that eircom beast will be only too happy to quickly welcome me back ,

Took a few days last time to get hooked up..and my old username and pass still works so will just ask for the same one again ..hopefully resulting in uninterrupted service.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by ixoy
    The problem with leaving is you then have to fork out the setup charges for another ISP, negating the savings you might have made. You're also without broadband for the period of changeover.
    NS should drop the domain charge NOW. Then the package will be attractive. I'm also awaiting to see what their cap limitations are. I don't like having to watch over my shoulder to see I don't push it.

You shouldn't have to with the new system introduced in January by ComReg, I believe Eircom only charge EUR25 wholesale to move a customer, so it should only take one day and about EUR30.

However it seems Esat haven't a clue about this and still seem to claim that you need to disconnect first and then create a whole new account with them.

They is very stupid, Esat could gain a lot of customers from Netsource (too expensive with stupid domain), UTV (bad pings), Eircom (more expensive, lower spec) and because of Esats attractive telephone bundles. The early adaptors on other products will soon have their 12 months contracts running out and they will be looking around for the best service.

I'm sure Eircom know all about the new transfer process and will happily and easily transfer customers off Esat.

WAKE UP ESAT!!!

Indeed bk, i'd forgive them SNL if ppl here posted about ther customer service in positive terms , but when they have a tiny percentage of the market, and a large part of the people posting complaining about them ..I really don't want the hasstle..

PPL who ordered from them in DECEMBER!!!!! are still waiting to get connected apparently..says it all ..no thanks..esat can remain a marginal player for all i care....ironic given that they have some of the most attractive packages out there.

Somebody in customer services management there needs a good firm kick up the arse imho.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by Longfield
    Indeed bk, i'd forgive them SNL if ppl here posted about ther customer service in positive terms , but when they have a tiny percentage of the market, and a large part of the people posting complaining about them ..I really don't want the hasstle..

PPL who ordered from them in DECEMBER!!!!! are still waiting to get connected apparently..says it all ..no thanks..esat can remain a marginal player for all i care....ironic given that they have some of the most attractive packages out there.

Somebody in customer services management there needs a good firm kick up the arse imho.

I agree, I'm a NS customer and I must say I find Esat new products bundled with Advantage Plus to be extremelly attractive. However the switchover time worries me, I use BB to work from home, so I can't really afford a long downtime.

It seems that once you've got IOL BB going it is great, but the problem seem to be getting it setup.

I had the exact same experience with Esat SNL, great service when it was going, but I still get bills for it today, despite cancelling it over 6 months ago and yes everytime I ring them they agree that I did cancel it 6 months ago and that the bills are a mistake.

They really need to sort out their CS and billing departments.

The only way to get anything done is to go straight to complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Or burn it to the ground.....

*ahem* :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Wish so bad that ESAT would unbundle some more exchanges :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Wish so bad that ESAT would unbundle some more exchanges
    Why would they bother to do that when they can force Eircom to bulkrate sell rADSl to them and make a tidy profit that way...

tribble

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

How does that affect my wishing?

Advertisement