Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HELP REQUIRED with FUNDRAISING IDEA

• 23-08-2008 11:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭

Hi lads
    I need a bit of help with an idea I have to rise funds for 2 Youth Clubs I run voluntarily, A lot of ye would have seen and taking part in first goal tickets on matches etc. My idea I hope would be harder to get and therefore would create more rollovers and bigger jackpots and this would create more interest and more punters . Which would benefit the club ie more funds raised and the punters bigger prize-fund/jackpot.

So to see if its a runner or not ,I'm asking for posters to have a go here ,so I can work out a few details , like , to hard , unfair ,what numbers are need weekly ,odds etc etc

All comments are also welcome .

The comp match every week would be the 4 o clock Sunday game , but for this experiment it's the late kick off today .

The comp. Standard Ticket with two culomns A and B with boxes to be ticked

A Time of first goal (six choices )

1 0-15mins
    2 15-30mins
    3 30-45mins
    4 45-60mins
    5 60- 75mins
    6 75-90mins

B Type of goal ( 4 choices )

1 Shot inside the box
    2 Shot outside the box
    3 Peno or Free kick
    4 Header

PUNTERS MUST HAVE BOTH CORRECT TO WIN

OG 's do not count

So for today's Fulham v Arsenal all I need from people is

A 1 and B 3 etc etc etc

Thank for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

A2 B1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

2 and 1.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

A3 B4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

A1 B2

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

A1B1

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Des wrote: »
    A2 B1

Gallas tap in imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

A3 B1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,899 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

A3 B4

Adebayor header

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

2 - 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

A2 B1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

A2 B1

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Judging by the entries so far, I think you might have one problem with this. Everyone so far has guessed that the first goal will be in the first half, and on a larger scale you'll probably find that it's the same for the vast majority of entries. With only four options in part B, the odds are that a first half goal would mean that the prize is won almost every week and wouldn't roll over as often as you might like. You could break the options down further to make it more difficult, maybe along these lines:

A - half
    1 First half
    2 Second half

B - time
    1 0-5 mins
    2 6-10 mins
    3 11-15 mins
    etc.

C - home/away
    1 Home team
    2 Away team

D - type of goal
    1 Shot inside the box
    2 Shot outside the box
    3 Penalty
    4 Free kick
    5 Header

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Zaph wrote: »
    Judging by the entries so far, I think you might have one problem with this. Everyone so far has guessed that the first goal will be in the first half, and on a larger scale you'll probably find that it's the same for the vast majority of entries. With only four options in part B, the odds are that a first half goal would mean that the prize is won almost every week and wouldn't roll over as often as you might like. You could break the options down further to make it more difficult, maybe along these lines:

A - half
    1 First half
    2 Second half

B - time
    1 0-5 mins
    2 6-10 mins
    3 11-15 mins
    etc.

C - home/away
    1 Home team
    2 Away team

D - type of goal
    1 Shot inside the box
    2 Shot outside the box
    3 Penalty
    4 Free kick
    5 Header

See what you mean , but todays game also maybe having an effecT on the predictions , Alot may see it as a easy win for the Gunners and their style ie early goal from flowing football. etc May change and get harder with different games,Say the game was Utd v Pool would you have as many first half predictions or if Bolton where playing would there be a lot of header /free kick predictions. Would it even itself out over the season ?

Advertisement