Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is your soccer day dream?

• 22-08-2008 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

We all day dream about being a soccer star.

This is mine:

For the record, I know this is ridiculous.

I am 7' 0 tall and the size of Arnold Schwarzenegger when he was Mr. Olympia, i.e. ****ing huge.

I have made some kind of deal with aliens or god or satan or something so I can do anything I want with a football.

So at age 18 I go play for trials at Shamrock Rovers and do cazy **** like the Zidane spin combined with ridiculous flicks and outrageous goals like chips from midfield, etc.

I then go play in the UK as a midfielder. If I don't like a player I make sure he scores loads of OGs by me kicking the ball off him and it bounces into the net.

One of my moves is kicking the ball down the pitch really fast, only for it to bounce backwards. So the forward running onto it, it rolls back perfectly towards him.

I also do a lot of shots which bounce off the bar, etc.

Basically I do loads of insanely skillful stuff on the pitch.

I end up making loads of money (especially since I invested in Irish property in the mid nineties and made about a billion) and go buy Cork City and turn it into a really strong team by attracting players due to my name, my money, and the idea of building a club.

I build Cork City a 60 thousand seater stadium, and invest a few million in every other Irish club to help improve them.

The Irish league becomes a world beater.

That's my recurring day dream. :)

What's yours?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I actually had a dream the other night, it seemed so real it was great.

I dreamt me,gerrard,barry and crouch (weirdly) were in anfield waiting behind a curtain to show the new kit for the year, me and barry being unveiled as the new summer signings :)

i was so depressed when i woke up :(

i was asking friends, i wonder wat age you stop having silly dreams like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,946 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well thats a whole life dream and one flew over the cuckoo's nest is all I can say really:D

Not you Mr Alan the op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I actually had a dream the other night, it seemed so real it was great.

I dreamt me,gerrard,barry and crouch (weirdly) were in anfield waiting behind a curtain to show the new kit for the year, me and barry being unveiled as the new summer signings :)

i was so depressed when i woke up :(

i was asking friends, i wonder wat age you stop having silly dreams like that?

Well it's not 27 anyway. I'll let you know next year if it's 28..

Had a great one about playing against Barca last week. Messi was destroying us and i had to move from MF to LB to put the dampers on him.
    Popped up with a winner from a corner as well. Oh how we laughed afterwards...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Bohs vs Man United CL final

Bohs win on penalties....

that is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Shels go up to the Premier, and win it the next season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

It's weird because I definitely prioritize club football over international, but it's always been a winning goal in a WC final... then you run over and celebrate with the fans and a billion people are treated to the sight of a load of fat, scary, p^ssed Dublin blokes erratically waving a banner with Shamrock Rovers - Pride of Dublin on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

That a new rule is introduced into world soccer that every team e.g. Galway United, Man Utd, Celtic etc. have to include one Joe Soap in their starting line up.

It's kinda mixed with Reality TV where said Joe Soap is randomly picked from the street (this is also broadcast before the game starts) on a Friday afternoon in town centres across the world.

I get picked and score a goal and play so well that I end up getting a contract with the club.

kraggy wrote: »
    That a new rule is introduced into world soccer that every team e.g. Galway United, Man Utd, Celtic etc. have to include one Joe Soap in their starting line up.

It's kinda mixed with Reality TV where said Joe Soap is randomly picked from the street (this is also broadcast before the game starts) on a Friday afternoon in town centres across the world.

I get picked and score a goal and play so well that I end up getting a contract with the club.

Galway United already have eleven Joe Soaps playing every week :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Actually im gonna change mine to ireland winning the world cup, with style.

and all the brazillian women (that can we fit in) will move to the emerald isle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'm too tired to look it up now but I'm certain I read in a football mag recently that years ago Harry Redknapp responded to a abusive fan (who was shouting abuse about he could do better) at a friendly by asking him to kit up and come on...and he actually scored..:)

Probably apocryphal...maybe somebody else read it?

EDIT: found it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Premiership standard football in this country with 20 teams,european success etc etc. Not a dig or anything at eircom league just would be great to have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

lol never heard of that one before, ****ing class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Get this one all the time meself! its a good dream! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

stovelid wrote: »
    I'm too tired to look it up now but I'm certain I read in a football mag recently that years ago Harry Redknapp responded to a abusive fan (who was shouting abuse about he could do better) at a friendly by asking him to kit up and come on...and he actually scored..:)

Probably apocryphal...maybe somebody else read it?

EDIT: found it.

That was in dream team on sky one also a few years back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

When I become a billionaire I intend to build 6 top class stadiums in each of Dublins major cities and lead a popular revolt against the FAI.
    Also I intend to own Manchester United at some point.

PHB wrote: »
    When I become a billionaire I intend to build 6 top class stadiums in each of Dublins major cities and lead a popular revolt against the FAI.

What about scoreing the winner in Boardeaux's last league match to hand us the title that's avoided us for two and a half years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

What about when I'm rich, I'll sign a top class player for Boardeaux :)

you can sign me for 250k :cool:

He said top class, not Upper Class.

woops! my mistake!

carry on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

PHB wrote: »

Eh, where:confused:

ibh wrote: »
    Eh, where:confused:

Each of Dublin's Major Cities.

Tallaght, Swords, Blanch, Dun Laoire, City Centre North, City Centre South

Des wrote: »
    Each of Dublin's Major Cities.

Tallaght, Swords, Blanch, Howth, City Centre North, City Centre South

fixed that for you

Advertisement