Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smart 4 Turbo smartphone - €29.99 in Dunnes Stores mailing offers

Comments

You DO NOT have to buy credit with the phone. I paid the Eur30 for the phone & micro SIM (with my number ported)... and that's all.
    Was told in nutgrove shopping centre that I had to buy 20 euro credit with it, didn't question it as I wanted credit anyway but think the guy in the shop was incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Farango

like to get one voucher, please PM me if you have spare one :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

This is a cracking phone for the price !! Any chance with unlock ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭mikedoherty99

You DO NOT have to buy credit with the phone. I paid the Eur30 for the phone & micro SIM (with my number ported)... and that's all.

no ,but is it worth the hassle in the shop

you get an extra 20 on top of the 20(although vodafone is not great on payg ,i know)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sdoran

Hi
    Do you still have your dunnes voucher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,309 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Is it only Vodafone shops that are excepting these vouchers or will Carphone Warehouse except them too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

AMKC wrote: »
    Is it only Vodafone shops that are excepting these vouchers or will Carphone Warehouse except them too.

Carphone Warehouse is excepting these, yes. They are an exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ladyquin

Hi all
    I really need one of these vouchers so if anyone still has a spare one could you please PM me

thanks a million

all help with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Techmaster wrote: »

So the Carphone Warehouse accept these vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

You'll still get the Eur20 top-up on 20-Sep anyway (as per the voucher) regardless of purchasing any top-up in-store.

Not sure I understand the "hassle" you're referring to.

If you're collecting Cherry Points then it'd make sense to purchase the top-up online to get the extra 10% (or whatever you get)... but we're splitting hairs now :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭mikedoherty99

You'll still get the Eur20 top-up on 20-Sep anyway (as per the voucher) regardless of purchasing any top-up in-store.

Not sure I understand the "hassle" you're referring to.

If you're collecting Cherry Points then it'd make sense to purchase the top-up online to get the extra 10% (or whatever you get)... but we're splitting hairs now :D

the hassle of debating the issue with the store sales people

i mean the phone can't be unlocked ,so you may as well buy the 20 credit on the day as spend 10 minutes arguing the terms and conditions

VF really need to sort out these issues with sales staff,do they get a circular telling staff to insist on the top-up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,309 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Thank you for that I have a voucher got of a friend so I will pick up one there.

Can a sim card be copied? I don,t want to cut me current sim to fit into this phone in case I need to use the phone I currently have but I would like to keep the same number that I currently have.

I had a Vodafone smart phone a few years back and it stopped working moisture got into it I think thats why like to be able to have a backup phone.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭DopeTech

AMKC wrote: »
    Thank you for that I have a voucher got of a friend so I will pick up one there.

Can a sim card be copied? I don,t want to cut me current sim to fit into this phone in case I need to use the phone I currently have but I would like to keep the same number that I currently have.

I had a Vodafone smart phone a few years back and it stopped working moisture got into it I think thats why like to be able to have a backup phone.
    No but you can buy a nano sim adapter from adverts for a couple of euro.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Farango

Anyone got a spare voucher please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Meant to update,my voucher has been claimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sdoran

spare voucher?? anyone have one for my daughter please.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 spiochu1

Have spare voucher. FIFO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭capefear

Any spare codes. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

spiochu1 wrote: »
    Have spare voucher. FIFO

Sent pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭brendan86

Hi if anyone has a spare voucher would appreciate it, would like to get for my mum as gift

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

i have a spare voucher in Cork if anybody is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 42 otterboy

@matrixf
    I'll take you up on that voucher if you still have it
    Can meet up in town or somewhere convenient for you?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Picked up phone in Vodafone Tralee today. No insistence on buying the €20 topup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭ooter

Quick question lads, when I go in to buy this phone do I just have to provide them with the number of the active sim or do I have to bring the phone/sim with me?
    I have an old 3 sim that I was going to use to switch over to VF in order to get the phone.

ooter wrote:
    Quick question lads, when I go in to buy this phone do I just have to provide them with the number of the active sim or do I have to bring the phone/sim with me? I have an old 3 sim that I was going to use to switch over to VF in order to get the phone.

Better to take it with u...they might ask for it or even ring the number !!

ooter wrote: »
    Quick question lads, when I go in to buy this phone do I just have to provide them with the number of the active sim or do I have to bring the phone/sim with me?
    I have an old 3 sim that I was going to use to switch over to VF in order to get the phone.

Sales agent rang the number I gave him to make sure it was mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

tharmor wrote: »

They rang my number to make sure it was in service, so bring your phone & active SIM with you...

Thanks lads, I'll bring the phone with me.
    I've no intention of using the 3 sim in the new phone, a working/current Vodafone chip will be used in it.
    Hopefully they don't insist on me buying the €20 top up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I bought this in the Crescent S.c. in Limerick today and they neither rang my 'phone, nor tried to sell me €20 credit, nor opened the box to put the SIM card in. For a few minutes the part of me that believes in luck thought it might be something like a Carphone Warehouse phone — sold "on Vodafone" but in fact comes out of the box ready to lock onto the network of the first SIM inserted... (mine's 48).

Sadly, the other part of me was right. And still no unlockers for this on eBay, as far as I can see. :(

BUT then I remembered that until this Sunday Lidl are giving €10 free with every €30 PAYG credit purchased on Vodafone/Meteor/Three. :D

So at the end of next week me and The Guido will part company for a few months, until €127 worth of credit (costing only €97, danke schöne) qualifies me for a network unlock code from Vodafone.

I haven't really done anything much with the phone yet, but on paper it's basically the same spec as my trusty 1st Gen (2013) Moto G, plus 4G and an SD card.
    (I wonder will I go back to my Moto G... :eek:)

Absolute bargain for €29.99, thanks OP. I'd probably not have spotted that and binned the voucher!

• Advertisement

peckerhead wrote:
    Absolute bargain for €29.99, thanks OP. I'd probably not have spotted that and binned the voucher!

I have been saying this again and again...top performance for the price...hope unlock codes soon on ebay !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭crasy dash

I had to go the Vodafone root to unlock it and even that's slow well over a week waiting.

Still great bargain handy phone to have when at work.

peckerhead wrote: »
    BUT then I remembered that until this Sunday Lidl are giving €10 free with every €30 PAYG credit purchased on Vodafone/Meteor/Three. :D

Anyone tried to use a €10 off €50 voucher when buying call credit in Lidl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Quackster wrote: »
    Jaysus, I thought I was bad... :D

Compound discounting at it's finest. I know Tesco don't allow the vouchers to be used on phone credit; I suspect Lidl may have some sort of "Exclusions apply" let-out clause. Only one way to find out, really...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sdsdsd

hi, got my phone today in vodafone, had to buy 20 euro credit , how does the free 20 euro credit apply? thanks

sdsdsd wrote: »
    hi, got my phone today in vodafone, had to buy 20 euro credit , how does the free 20 euro credit apply? thanks

It's written on the end of the voucher, free credit will be applied on the 28th of September

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 sdsdsd

Any spare vouchers floating around before expiry date?? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭flutered

i went into the vodofone shop opposite arthurs quay sc limerick, they insisted on a working sim, the only working one i had was 089, this was refused, i have since got a meteor one, i need to check it before i return

c w arthurs quay limerick refused me

flutered wrote:
    c w arthurs quay limerick refused me

Excepting and not accepting......

ooter wrote: »
    Thanks lads, I'll bring the phone with me.
    I've no intention of using the 3 sim in the new phone, a working/current Vodafone chip will be used in it.
    Hopefully they don't insist on me buying the €20 top up.

Brought the phone with me, the guy at the counter asked for the number of the sim but never rang it to see if it was active, unless they have another way of checking.
    Got the phone no hassle, he told me to call back to the store in an hour or so when the sim activated so I could sort out topping up with call credit, I never went back. ;)

• Advertisement

Still have a spare voucher in cork as otterboy never responded to my message Gone to otterboy

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭dwasol

matrixf wrote: »
    Still have a spare voucher in cork as otterboy never responded to my message

Would appreciate this if it was going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

I have a voucher. First to pm me can have it.

Voucher gone

• Registered Users Posts: 42 otterboy

@matrixf i didn't get message..... Sorry

Excepting and not accepting......

not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

flutered wrote: »
    not

oh dear :P

Quackster wrote: »

can this be put in the fon in 6 weeks time, or has it to be put in the fone today

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

So we've decided to get this and put away for child for Cmas. Last minute of course. Have someone keeping a voucher for us but is tomorrow the last day or is Tuesday? Where's best to get a free SIM from other network? Thanks

flutered wrote: »
    can this be put in the fon in 6 weeks time, or has it to be put in the fone today

Bought the phone credit and some other things with a Lidl voucher no probs! Top-up can be applied any time until voucher expiry (12 months I think) and you will get the €40 credit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭Keithmc40

Hi , can i please ask for help, i got this phone today but first i had to get a tesco sim card, gave the guy in the shop the tesco number and had no problems at the vodafone shop, but im at home now and cant get the phone to work, any ideas what im doing wrong ? TIA

• Advertisement
Advertisement