Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Is the voucher applied to the order made today... or is it for use with your next order?

Decent looking sleeping bag for €16, will have to order soon for picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Should I be ordering in GBP or Euro?

Euro always,their conversion rate is a lot lower than what any bank/paypal will charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

If you were ordering 120 quid do you have to split order into two 60 quid orders to get the 24?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

No code, it's an official offer on the website. I'd say cancel and reorder, shouldn't be a problem unless they've shipped it already?

Don't think you can cancel or change an order once it's placed. Think you have to put in a whole new order.
    Also not sure if you can reject the order once it arrives and get it returned to sender. Think you might have to fill in the form and pay for return shipping.
    If you were ordering 120 quid do you have to split order into two 60 quid orders to get the 24?

I'd say split. But you'd have to pay 2 x shipping costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Soarer wrote: »
    I'd say split. But you'd have to pay 2 x shipping costs.

Says, "for every €60 spent"

Wouldn't be sure you'd need to split.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭sasco

I don't think you need to split.
    Below are some of the details I received in an email after I submitted an order.

total spend including Postage is £50.00 (GBP) (or multiples of)
    cancelled / exchanges / pre-order items will NOT be included in the total spend.
    £ 10.00 (GBP) voucher for every £ 50.00 (GBP) spent.
    voucher will be valid from 1st September 2015 until 1st September 2016.
    vouchers issued online can only be redeemed online.
    In the event of refunded goods, we reserves the right to cancel voucher or charge for used vouchers.
    offer not available in concession stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭KayeQ

Is the discount of €12 euros working? Its not working for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

KayeQ wrote: »
    Is the discount of €12 euros working? Its not working for me.

It's not a discount, it's a voucher. Said voucher becomes valid from 1st September after the promotion ends.

Spend €60 now, get €12 off your next order from September 1st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Can more than 1 voucher be added at the same time?

The delivery charge + time limit on the voucher take the good outta this offer....unless you can bundle the vouchers after.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Voucher lasts for a year, til Sept 16. I have good few things in basket totalling €61 and delivery is €6.98 and then voucher for €12 for future use. I wonder if there is minimum spend on future shop when applying voucher ??
    Anyway, any Codes applicable ant present ???.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Bravestaar

I cancelled my original order and managed to order again, over 300 quid worth of stuff.

I'm sure 5 €12 vouchers. I'm presuming they come in one go and I can use the 60 quid for the one order.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Placed order and got confirmation email etc.......

Thank you for shopping on SportsDirect Ireland. Our initial checks show that your most recent purchase has qualified for the voucher offer.
    We will endeavour to send the voucher to you either on but not before Tuesday 1st of September 2015 or after the order has been despatched.
    Please note the following Terms and Conditions,
    once the order been despatched we will complete our last checks to ensure that you order meets the voucher requirements. The requirements are as follows:
    total spend including Postage is £50.00 (GBP) (or multiples of)
    cancelled / exchanges / pre-order items will NOT be included in the total spend.
    £ 10.00 (GBP) voucher for every £ 50.00 (GBP) spent.
    voucher will be valid from 1st September 2015 until 1st September 2016.
    vouchers issued online can only be redeemed online.
    In the event of refunded goods, we reserves the right to cancel voucher or charge for used vouchers.
    offer not available in concession stores.
    Thanks
    The SportsDirect Ireland team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

The vouchers are a credit note, say you get 48 euro worth of vouchers, and in three months time you place an order for 25 euro plus 8 euro delivery. Then use your voucher and the balance of 15 euro will still be on the code.

You don't have to split orders into 60 euro bundles, as that would be stupid and negate the benefit of getting the vouchers in the first place.

End of Quarter sales must be lower than expected and this will drive sales up again before end of September. Keeps the investors happy anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

I'm raging. Myself and my other half were looking at ordering over the last month or so but were waiting for a deal.

Ended up ordering last week over €200's worth which arrived this week and now they have a deal!!!

Don't suppose they'd honour it as a good will gesture!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

I'm dumbfounded at the response from SportsDirect customer care. Order 4 items, 2 are broken and need to be returned. You can only return to a UK address via registered post. The postage costs outway the return value. Surely they are resposible for the return cost of faulted goods?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

foxy_j wrote: »
    I'm raging. Myself and my other half were looking at ordering over the last month or so but were waiting for a deal.

Ended up ordering last week over €200's worth which arrived this week and now they have a deal!!!

Don't suppose they'd honour it as a good will gesture!!?

I doubt it as a lot of people would be chancing their arm.
    Luck of the draw unfortunately I would imagine.. but nothing ventured , nothing gained.. fire them an email

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I am the same, bought some stuff on Tuesday evening.
    I am going to email them later and ask them to honour it.
    They may or may not, won't really change my attitude to them if they say no i.e. I understand the terms of the offer and according to the terms, I missed it by buying too early, but if they do honour it, i'll be very impressed.
    Let's see

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

You could return the items (at your own cost) and rebuy them, if it is a significant price difference. If they refuse to offer you an alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

NATLOR wrote: »
    €12 voucher for every €60 spend until monday 31st

Can't see it on the site..what am I missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Can't see it on the site..what am I missing?

Yeah, I'm the same....thought it was valid until the 31st as per a post earlier in the thread.....??

• Advertisement

Yeah, I made an order early this morning and haven't received any voucher code. I emailed them today regarding the voucher code.

Here's the proof:

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

So is the €12 offer still on? I don't see it on the site anymore. Have people received theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

I'm wondering the same. Just placed an order and thought that the voucher offer was on until tomorrow but don't see it onsite now

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭matrixf

So is the €12 offer still on? I don't see it on the site anymore. Have people received theirs?

UK site now has £20 voucher for £100 spend instead of £10 voucher for £50 spend

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I'm dumbfounded at the response from SportsDirect customer care. Order 4 items, 2 are broken and need to be returned. You can only return to a UK address via registered post. The postage costs outway the return value. Surely they are resposible for the return cost of faulted goods?

If anything is broken on arrival they legally bear cost of return carriage. You definitely have to fight your corner on that one.

In the EU Consumer Rights Directive which governs such things

Traders must refund consumers for the product within 14 days of the withdrawal. This includes the costs of delivery. In general, the trader will bear the risk for any damage to goods during transportation, until the consumer takes possession of the goods

Also look into the cost of returning via parcel motel if you have things that need to be returned that are not broken. It can make return postage to the UK dramatically cheaper in some cases.

Anyone having issues with delivery?

Ordered two sleeping bags last friday, paid for express 1-2 day delivery and it is still showing as "awaiting courier pickup". Def not gonna make it here for picnic now :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jfk247

similar enough maximoose....order on monday morning and still "awaiting courier pickup"...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

maximoose wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with delivery?

Ordered two sleeping bags last friday, paid for express 1-2 day delivery and it is still showing as "awaiting courier pickup". Def not gonna make it here for picnic now :mad:

Sometimes its still awaiting courier pickup when it get delivered. Are you only checking on the SD website or are you going onto the carrier website?

• Advertisement

I was tracking it on DHL. It has just updated now actually, to picked up on Fri 28/08 and now 'processed' in Leeds today.

Hoping that means flight tonight and out for delivery tomorrow, eejits.

Advertisement