Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allocated Seating

Options
  • 19-07-2002 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

What's the story with this?
    Why aren't we allowed pick a seat when we enter the room?
    I don't like being forced to sit next to some knacker who laughs at every dumb joke and spills popcorn all over me and keeps elbowing me. I don't usually sit that close to people I know!

The worst was Spider-man, there were about 20 people in the cinema all scrunched into the center of the room. Why can't we just sit where we want?
    I like to pick my seat based on:

Position of screen, obviously somewhere in the center.
    Who's sitting around me.
    Will people be walking over me to get to the toilet?
    Will I need to walk over people to get to the toilet?
    Is there a scumbag behind me?

I'd rather not be told where to sit by some spotty young-fella with a dickie-bow and a torch.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by Enygma
    What's the story with this?
    Why aren't we allowed pick a seat when we enter the room?

I book the tickets in advance thus get to sit pretty much wherever I want.

Back row, central and away from the main exit is an optimal viewing position if you can get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Hmm I find it alot worse, when you're put in front of a group of knackers,with no manners, who manage to spill stuff all over you. Esp, if it's a no-brainer film, and they roar out laughing at every tired old cliche.

Then again it's nice to be able to book seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

If there's allocated seating but the cinema is practically empty, sit wherever the hell you want.

Personally I like allocated seating, I can book early and get decent seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

It has its advantages... but you only get those when you book. If you dont book you seem to get the smelly seats in the front row where you cant even see anything...

But i do have sitting down and these hugh people try to get past you to get to there seats or to get seats on the far side. Why do people insist in going from one site to the other by walking in front of everyone and spilling large amounts of butter soked popcorn on people as they pass? But the worst is havin scumbags anywhere in the cinema. The worst is if there behind you or infront of you.... i wish i had my Tommy Gun when i go to cinemas.... i would never have that problem again :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement