Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade to Maverick

Options
  • 17-04-2014 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭

Hi

Have a backup machine - 2007 Macbook

Its on OSX 10.6.8

Am looking at selling it and want to upgrade the OS, I need to upgrade to Lion 1st

Anyone know where I can get this ?

DT

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Comments

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Why do you need to upgrade to Lion?
    Upgrading from OS X Snow Leopard

If you’re running Snow Leopard (10.6.x), update to the latest version of Snow Leopard before you download OS X Mavericks from the Mac App Store. Click the Apple icon and choose Software Update to install OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8, the latest version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

mike_ie wrote: »
    Why do you need to upgrade to Lion?

Have done everything is says but it tells me it cant and then this webinfo

I have added a screen of my Hardware aswell...

Mine is mid 2007...so I guess it just cant

Screenshot2014-04-17at212323_zps7a2369b3.png

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Have done everything is says but it tells me it cant and then this webinfo

I have added a screen of my Hardware aswell...

Mine is mid 2007...so I guess it just cant

Screenshot2014-04-17at212323_zps7a2369b3.png

Bingo. Mavericks is simply not supported on Macbooks that old (my GF has one and they fall outside the oldest Macbooks supported by Mavericks).

Upgrading to Lion still won't allow you to install Mavericks, but it would get you to the most recent supported OS on the machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

To be honest, some of the earliest machines that Mavericks does run on are slowed down significantly by it, so perhaps it's just as well that you have to stay on Lion, which is still modern and usable, but is simple enough to be quick on older machines.

I have a 2007 MacBook Pro 17" which I installed Mavericks onto, and it was so bad that I formatted it again and installed Mountain Lion back onto it.

Advertisement