Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wolf Creek 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Any sign of a European release date?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2004432/?ref_=rvi_tt

Meant to be released today in the US
    Not sure.
    The first one will be hard to top though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The first film was one of those movies I wished I hadn't seen, a bit like the remake of "Last House On The Left". I think the violence was too realistic and not in an entertaining way. That said, I'd probably still watch a sequel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Watched it last night and the gore level surpassed any of the Saw movies!

The novel is supposed to be far superior to the film. Not sure that I'd ever want to read a book about Wolf Creek but reviews for it are good so maybe some night if it pops up on the kindle store I'll give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

For the inevitable Wolf Creek 3 I'd like
    a team of cops who believe the survivor on a manhunt for Mick Taylor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Watched it last night, its okay for what it is.

The part with
    the Kangaroo's was quite funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I love the original Wolf Creek so was surprised when I read there was a sequel. I watched in on Saturday night. Was not expecting much to be honest but I was very surprised at how good it was. I thought the bit with
    The Aussie history questions was very very tense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Didnt think much of it .
    The first hour was like a spoof of the first film with the main character going completely over the top ,he was almost a caricature of the character in the first film.
    No tension or suspense ,unlike the first film ,I was half expecting Freddy Kruger of Jason out of Friday the 13th to show up .

Last half hour was much more tense .
    Acting was poor too,the Australian playing the young English guy was very poor,his attempt at an English accent was woeful.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Flagrant discussion, promoting, boasting/bragging of watching illegally downloaded films is against charter. If you see a post doing so please report it. Thanks.

Off topic posts deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Watched it tonight.

Meh. As a previous poster said, it was almost a spoof and "Mick" was a complete caricature figure, larger than life, making cheesy jokes and chock full of one liners.

No tension at all but it was saved from complete disaster by some nice effects work.

No where near the level of the first movie but thats not surprising.

Keep the expectations low and its passable fare but I cant see myself re-watching it any time soon, if ever, and thats coming from someone thats seen the first one at least 4 or 5 times.

For a superior Aussie horror movie check out Daddys Little Girl instead.

• Advertisement

I wasn't expecting much from this at all given that it was a sequel job 8 years after the first one but I actually thought that it was pretty decent. Some good invention with the scenes alluded to in the above posts. Probably helps that you've seen the first one so you know what level of violence to expect. Having seen the first one the violence didn't hit as hard. Worth a watch imo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

It is not a patch on the original, which balanced suspense and terror quite well. This was more a by numbers affair with little to differentiate it from other gore movies that have done the rounds over the past few years. That said, it did have its moments. The last half hour was quite good and if you leave expectations (and brain) at the door, then there are worse ways to spend 105 minutes!

Advertisement