Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2008 Audi A4 SE TDI

Options
  • 05-03-2013 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

What extras would you get in a 2008 (new model) Audi A4 SE car? Is there a big difference between that and a 2008 S-line Audi A4?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

S-line is the one to have if you Can afford the difference in price, generally viewed as tgeee one to have.

SE got upgraded wheels, mf steering wheel and a few other small additions over the base model back then iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There was a S-Line exterior package as well as a S-Line interior package, both were sold seperately afaik.

S-Line exterior adds lowered suspension, larger alloy wheels, deeper front & rear bumpers and side skirts, small boot lip spoiler and rear LED lights.

S-Line interior adds leather steering wheel and gear stick with S-Line logo, leather/alcantara sport seats and black alcantara headlining trim. Some came with Sat Nav too.

SE is very plane in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

There wasn't an S-Line Spec in Ireland in 2008, so if you are looking at one, it's a UK import. To get an Irish A4 to UK S-Line Spec was quite expensive - here's one we ordered late 08
    A4 2.0 TDI 143 BHP 6 Speed 37,500
    Metallic Paint 1,045
    S-Line Sports Package (WQS) 3,581
    S-Line Exterior Package (PQD) 2,253
    Black Valcona Leather (N1V) 3,060
    Light & Rain Sensor (8N6) 170
    Bluetooth Prep Centre Armrest (PT5) 713
    Audi Music Interface (7D3) (IPOD) 333
    Xenon Headlights (PX4) with DRL's 1,323
    18" 5 Spoke Alloys (C8S) -
    Auto Dipping Mirrors (4L6) 333
    DVD Navigation System (PNA) 4,750
    Driver info System (9QV) 157
    Piano Black Inlays (NCO) -
    S-Line MFSW 243
    Split Folding Seats 394
    Total 55,855

Think Nav and full leather were in addition to standard S-Line Spec.

Irish SE gave the following over the Base model in 2008:

Contents of A4 SE Models*:
    • 7X1 - Acoustic rear park assistance
    • 2ZQ - 4 Spoke leather covered multifunction steering wheel
    • 8T1 - Cruise control
    • PRW - 16" 7 spoke star design alloy wheels**
    • PV1 - Electric front seat adjustment

There were issues with the parking sensors though for a lot of 2008, so they were substituted by the Concert Radio upgrade and Hill Hold.

There was a "Sport" model in the Irish line up. Gave the following over the Base model:

Contents of A4 Sport Models*:
    • PX4 - Xenon lights with led daytime running lights
    • PRY - 17" 7 arm alloy wheels***
    • 1XW - 3 spoke leather multifunction steering wheel
    • PS1 - Front sports seats (including lumbar support)

You couldn't change the contents of the SE or Sport pack, so if you wanted different wheels, then it had to be a Base model - hence the stupid spec list above.

• Site Banned Posts: 166 ✭✭Cash is king

Thinking of a 2010 uk s line for the missus, I have being looking at Autotrader and the A6 seems a small bit dearer. Is it worth spending the extra cash?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Thinking of a 2010 uk s line for the missus, I have being looking at Autotrader and the A6 seems a small bit dearer. Is it worth spending the extra cash?

you'll have lots more bending over to do in Vrt with the A6.

• Advertisement

MidlandsM wrote: »
    you'll have lots more bending over to do in Vrt with the A6.

Never thought of that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Never thought of that.

unfortunately yeah, it'll be lots more vrt...lots

Have a look at the Passat CC, can be bought for similar money than an A4 and most are higher spec. More striking appearance too than the A4.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Have a look at the Passat CC, can be bought for similar money than an A4 and most are higher spec. More striking appearance too than the A4.

Thought about that but they are still a Passat. I am thinking of holding out for the A6 as the Avant looks great and is practical.

Thought about that but they are still a Passat. I am thinking of holding out for the A6 as the Avant looks great and is practical.

Sure an A4/A6 is still an A4/A6 whichever way you look at it. At least the Passat CC is a rare enough on the road but everyone to their own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Any difference on the Audi SE models that come in from England or are they the same as SE models here?

Probably more chance of a UK car having a few extras added but afaik both are pretty much the same with standard spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I've no idea what was on UK SE spec, but I do remember it was quite a bit better than the Irish equivalent at the time.

Don't think I've anything to back that up with though.

I think with the current model they are pretty much on a par but on the previous pre 2008 model the UK spec was definitely higher. Irish spec old models had keep fit rear manual windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭larchill

Got a 2011 A4 myself 2 months ago. Its barebones spec though: came @ a good price - a garage demo with low milage (20,500km). Traded in my 07 A4 which was an SE model. The 'SE' for 07 was: cruise control, leather covered steering wheel (compared to the plastic one on the standard), 16" alloys (was 15" on the standard). It also had leather seats which was nice. Its nice to get some bells 'n' whistles if you can. In the current model these are: park assist, bluetooth, S-Line exterior pack, leather seats, cruise control, amongst others.

larchill wrote: »
    Got a 2011 A4 myself 2 months ago. Its barebones spec though: came @ a good price - a garage demo with low milage (20,500km). Traded in my 07 A4 which was an SE model. The 'SE' for 07 was: cruise control, leather covered steering wheel (compared to the plastic one on the standard), 16" alloys (was 15" on the standard). It also had leather seats which was nice. Its nice to get some bells 'n' whistles if you can. In the current model these are: park assist, bluetooth, S-Line exterior pack, leather seats, cruise control, amongst others.

Can you get leather seats on SE models? How much would you expect realistic price to pay for 08 SE model coming in from the UK? I am going to get caught with VRT too.

Amprodude wrote: »
    Can you get leather seats on SE models? How much would you expect realistic price to pay for 08 SE model coming in from the UK? I am going to get caught with VRT too.

Have you considered the Passat CC? Most of them are higher spec than an equivilant A4 and cost in or around the same to buy.

media?xwm=y&id=2e972513-7316-4a21-a82d-96151c3934e1&width=400&height=300
    http://www.driving.ie/used-cars/Volkswagen/Passat-CC/LEATHER-SPORTS/32713589770852380/

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭larchill

Amprodude wrote: »

I think the 07 A4 1.9Tdi SE I had had the leather retrofited :(

Can sat nav be installed on the audi mmi system if its not there at start? I see some models have a nav button near the list of functions near the gear stick but the spec doesn't say they have sat nav.

Thanks

Advertisement