Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandwich of the city

Options
  • 15-06-2004 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hey.

What do people think is the best sandwich to get for lunch in Dublin?
    Personally, I think the Club Sandwich in Reynards is fantastic!
    I've done extensive searching for a better club sandwich and although I found one nearly as good (Cafe Erie in Temple Bar), Reynards takes the sandwich.

What are people's favourite sandwiches and where do you get them?

Rewop

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Anything like the Holy Cow or Reuben from Itsa Bagel in the Epicurean. MMM, they're tasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

the clarendon cafe does fantastic toasted baguette melts for a mere €3.50....yum :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Subway on grafton st if your in a hurry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

The Swedish Food co. on Baggot street do some very nice sambos, their ones with beetroot salad, cajun chicken, swedish cheese, and salad are soooo good. *drool*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

its got to be the traditional club from cafe irie - toasted on thick white bread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Aya used to sell the best tuna sandwich ever. Haven't seen one of those shops in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Good old Centra do the job for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by rewop
    although I found one nearly as good (Cafe Erie in Temple Bar),

Where in Temple Bar is this place?

I'm a huge fan of Doyle's Famous Chicken Sandwich in Doyle's of College Green, tasty as hell, and perfect before a 2.10 show in the Screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I dig the Chorizo ciabatta from Insomnia round the corner from me in the IFSC - chorizo, sun dried tomatoes, jalepenos, swiss cheese and mayo...mmmm!

Also Subway.

I'd never eat the muck that O'Briens serve up - I'd rather not eat liquidised chicken, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Neary's in... not Chatham Street but the next one up... used to do a delicious fresh salmon and mayonnaise one on thick white bread, but I haven't been there in an age. This was a sittydowny, though, not a takeaway. Very nice with a glass of porter.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by eth0_

I'd never eat the muck that O'Briens serve up - I'd rather not eat liquidised chicken, thanks!

Oi, leave O'Briens alone. Their breakfast bagel is the business. Sausage, bacon, tomato and Ballymaloe Relish.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by therecklessone
    Oi, leave O'Briens alone. Their breakfast bagel is the business. Sausage, bacon, tomato and Ballymaloe Relish.

:cool:

Never had one cos I don't like that sort of food for breakfast, but in general I find O'Briens serve the dullest, blandest sandwiches i've ever had (bar the pre=packed muck you find in Centra and service stations!).

Just my personal feelings on their food. It's just dull and unappealing and I really hate the idea of liquidised chicken! Urgh!

Originally posted by eth0_
    Never had one cos I don't like that sort of food for breakfast,

You should, they are tasty good!

They also do a bacon and cream cheese bagel, which I'm told is the biz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Dunno about their sandwiches but O'Brien's do damn good cappuccinos!!!!

Advertisement