Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flour - where?

Options
  • 01-06-2004 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

I've been making my own bread for ages with a bread maker. I love my bread and I've gone through a fair amount of recipes. But, I seem to be only able to find the same few types of flour around Dublin. So I was wondering does anyone know where I can find even basic enough flours like granary flour, french flour and hopefully some other more exotic type flours.

The supermarkets and other shops that I have gone to only have the basic white/brown so any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

mod whats this got to do with mustard?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Nothing, which is why I moved it to Food / Drink hours ago. Stop posting off-topic and leave the moderating to the professionals.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Ooops! sorry for posting this in the wrong forum and thanks for moving it to food/drink as that was where I thought I was posting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Health food shops often have up to twenty different kinds of flours.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Yeah but they're usually stuff like "gluten free" and similar related types of flour aren't they? I could be wrong of course.

I'm looking for the place where the bakers go. (Sounds like a song :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭tammy

the hopsack in rathmines (swan centre) do a decent range of flour and its not all gluten free by any means

Advertisement