Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread V

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭TheHannibal

That is outstanding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Soby wrote: »
    Went slightly safer with Madrid 1st goal to be in the 1st half . 8/11 . 25 stake

Easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,925 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

lol

great work again tino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

bradlente wrote: »
    Settled on Ramos to be sent off and Jordi Alba to be carded at 5/4.Up against a few pacy wingers and he might have to help the center backs out a bit more than usual.

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Ramos was good tonight bar the little kick at mascherano

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭PuntersAdvice

English Premier League: Outright Winner Betting Market

-Liverpools have 4 games remaining, two of which are against poor mid-table teams who have nothing to play for in Crystal Palace and Newcastle.
    -Liverpools other game is against Norwich who are fighting relegation and are lucky Fulham and Sunderland collapsed this year or they would certainly be relegated.
    -Liverpools remaining fixture is against Chelsea and crucially for this bet, the match will be played at Anfield where Liverpool have a record of 15-1-1 and are playing a Chelsea team that have won less than 50% of their away games and their most important creative player, Hazard, has a calf/shin injury and is without an expected return date and could miss this match.
    -Man City have 5 games remaining which includes a very tough trip to Everton who have a record at home of 12-3-2 while Chelsea are still in the Champions League and have a very tough draw against Atletico Madrid which will increase their chances of dropping points in the final stages of the Premier League.
    -Assuming Liverpool draw with Chelsea and win their remaining fixtures they will win the league after Man City were held to a draw with Sunderland tonight.

Bet: Liverpool To Win The Premier League 13/14
    Stake: 98
    Bookmaker: BetVictor
    Odds: 1.57

Can I also just point out it has been 23 years waiting for this bet to win!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

English Premier League: Outright Winner Betting Market

-Liverpools have 4 games remaining, two of which are against poor mid-table teams who have nothing to play for in Crystal Palace and Newcastle.
    -Liverpools other game is against Norwich who are fighting relegation and are lucky Fulham and Sunderland collapsed this year or they would certainly be relegated.
    -Liverpools remaining fixture is against Chelsea and crucially for this bet, the match will be played at Anfield where Liverpool have a record of 15-1-1 and are playing a Chelsea team that have won less than 50% of their away games and their most important creative player, Hazard, has a calf/shin injury and is without an expected return date and could miss this match.
    -Man City have 5 games remaining which includes a very tough trip to Everton who have a record at home of 12-3-2 while Chelsea are still in the Champions League and have a very tough draw against Atletico Madrid which will increase their chances of dropping points in the final stages of the Premier League.
    -Assuming Liverpool draw with Chelsea and win their remaining fixtures they will win the league after Man City were held to a draw with Sunderland tonight.

Bet: Liverpool To Win The Premier League 13/14
    Stake: 98
    Bookmaker: BetVictor
    Odds: 1.57
    great writeup just be wary of the 'nothing to play for ' idea.

Theres 1MILLION sterling for everyplace up the league table you finish.
    That win last night for Palace could be woth 1Million quids... hardly nothing to play for, and there probably bonuses on offer too...

St.Etienne would've been a great bet a few days ago home to Rennes,1.67 now,not the best price but still might go for it.Can imagine Rennes will be a bit tired and Etienne still gunning for 3rd spot/trying to keep fourth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

St.Etienne would've been a great bet a few days ago home to Rennes,1.67 now,not the best price but still might go for it.Can imagine Rennes will be a bit tired and Etienne still gunning for 3rd spot/trying to keep fourth.

Some good news for you, Rennes are without a bunch of players: their best striker Toivonen, two of their regular defenders (Danzé and Kana-Biyik) as well as Pitroipa and Romero, which means that their striker will be Oliveira and he sucks.

St Etienne are without Brandao.

You going for them yourself las?I'm not sure.Looking at Erdinc anytime 2.6,he'll surely be the focal point tomorrow,up against his old club too.

edit-Erdinc was taken off after 20 minutes in their last match,duno what that was all about.If he starts I think I'll go for it.

You going for them yourself las?I'm not sure.Looking at Erdinc anytime 2.6,he'll surely be the focal point tomorrow,up against his old club too.

edit-Erdinc was taken off after 20 minutes in their last match,duno what that was all about.If he starts I think I'll go for it.

Well everything points to a St Etienne win, it'll be Rennes's 3rd game in 7 days, the players probably have their minds on the French Cup final, St Etienne need points more than Rennes do as they're battling with Lyon for the 4th place... But I don't trust them, they had to win the last 2 games if they wanted to catch Lille but they choked twice...

Erdinc is fit according to L'equipe, wouldn't take him anytime though, he's an extremely poor finisher.

Any idea who takes penalties for them?Just judging it by who's most likely to come up with a goal,doesn't look like many can and he's got few to his name.With Rennes missing a few centre-halves he'll surely get a few chances.You being against him and that early substitution last week are making me think twice though.

Any idea who takes penalties for them?Just judging it by who's most likely to come up with a goal,doesn't look like many can and he's got few to his name.With Rennes missing a few centre-halves he'll surely get a few chances.You being against him and that early substitution last week are making me think twice though.

They had one 2 weeks ago and Gradel took it, I remember Erdinc taking one too, don't think they have a designated penalty taker. Their right winger Hamouma is the club's top scorer, that should tell you how bad their strikers are :p Erdinc will have chances tomorrow since he'll be their lone striker so he might score... but the odds are too low imo considering how wasteful he is.

Interesting preview for the St Etienne game: http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Sainte-le-moment-ou-jamais/457885
    it basically says that they're physically fresher than Rennes, they're mentally strong since in the last two games they equalized in the dying minutes of the game, and they're still hoping to catch Lille.

• Advertisement

Interesting preview for the St Etienne game: http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Sainte-le-moment-ou-jamais/457885
    it basically says that they're physically fresher than Rennes, they're mentally strong since in the last two games they equalized in the dying minutes of the game, and they're still hoping to catch Lille.

Jesus they're into 1.57 today,even Erding has gone into 2.5 anytime.Leaving it alone now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

2 bets for me in upcoming game...

Ings FGS @ 5.00 / Anytime @ 2.10 (Burnley)

Scored 19 in the league this season 14 of them FGS

tinodz wrote: »
    2 bets for me in upcoming game...

Ings FGS @ 5.00 / Anytime @ 2.10 (Burnley)

Scored 19 in the league this season 14 of them FGS

No luck on this today. Sorry if anyone followed.

Do not think I will get involved int he Derby game.

Well everything points to a St Etienne win, it'll be Rennes's 3rd game in 7 days, the players probably have their minds on the French Cup final, St Etienne need points more than Rennes do as they're battling with Lyon for the 4th place... But I don't trust them, they had to win the last 2 games if they wanted to catch Lille but they choked twice...

Erdinc is fit according to L'equipe, wouldn't take him anytime though, he's an extremely poor finisher.

Sorry about St Etienne, didn't think they would choke THREE times in a row... hope they lose their 4th place and don't play in Europe next season :mad:

Sorry about St Etienne, didn't think they would choke THREE times in a row... hope they lose their 4th place and don't play in Europe next season :mad:

16 attempts 13 off target,wonder how many shots Erdic had!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 OguchiOneywu

West Ham to win today (6/5). Crystal Palace are on a purple patch at the moment but West Ham have won at home against all the bottom half teams since the turn of the year. Carroll, Diame and Nolan are all playing so I fancy them to get the three points and secure safety today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,288 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

West Ham to win today (6/5). Crystal Palace are on a purple patch at the moment but West Ham have won at home against all the bottom half teams since the turn of the year. Carroll, Diame and Nolan are all playing so I fancy them to get the three points and secure safety today.

Draw. Palace have very good away form of late inc win at Everton who are better than WH.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hoopyhoopy

Stevie may for saint johnston is a cracking bet anytime at 7/5 ... deadly striker so prolific a sniff of goal and its in the onion bag .....

Gonna go big on him today hes looking to get spl golden boot

He ruined my aberdeen bet week ago with a brace so hopefully he can win me some money today

At home im sure he can score over the 90

Stevie may anytime saint johnston goal 7/5

English Premier League: Chelsea v Sunderland

-Chelsea are undefeated in their last 26 home matches in the Premier League.
    -Chelsea have kept a clean sheet in their last 6 home matches in the Premier League.
    -Chelsea have won 8 of their last 9 home matches against Sunderland in all competitions.
    -Sunderland have conceded at least 2 goals in their last 5 away matches in the Premier League.
    -Sunderland have failed to win their last 9 matches in the Premier League.
    -Expect plenty of passion from the visitors but Mourinho won't let his side take any games for granted and knowing that 4 wins will secure the title is incentive enough to ensure they don't slip up before the crucial match against Liverpool.
    -Eden Hazard is injured and has been Chelsea's most creative player this season.
    -Chelsea have a Champions League game against Atletico Madrid and a Premier League game against Liverpool which could decide the title in the following week and Mourinho has shown a tendency to revert to a very defensive formation when he gets the lead and save his players energy.

Bet: Chelsea To Win & Under 3.5 Goals
    Bookmaker: Bet365
    Odds: 2.00

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hoopyhoopy

hoopyhoopy wrote: »
    Stevie may for saint johnston is a cracking bet anytime at 7/5 ... deadly striker so prolific a sniff of goal and its in the onion bag .....

Gonna go big on him today hes looking to get spl golden boot

He ruined my aberdeen bet week ago with a brace so hopefully he can win me some money today

At home im sure he can score over the 90

Stevie may anytime saint johnston goal 7/5

Get zé fock in may :)

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Roma to score a goal in the 1st half: Evens with Bet365. They've done so in each of their previous 7 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Hamadeusentman

Roma to score a goal in the 1st half: Evens with Bet365. They've done so in each of their previous 7 games.

Back of the net!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Back of the net!

Nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

8 in the morn in J League 2 is Shonan Belmare v Oita Trinita

I'm on Shonan win and BTTS 11/4 on bet365

http://ie.soccerway.com/matches/2014/04/20/japan/j2-league/shonan-bellmare/oita-trinita/1643931/head2head/

Shonan flying high with 7 straight wins of the 7 games so far this season. Only conceded in 2 games. However BTTS has collected for all 6 H2H on soccerway and Oita have only failed to score once this season. Also Shonan win and BTTS had collected last 3 H2H.

Pretty decent odds I think but I guess that's cause of the amount of clean sheets they've been keeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

8 in the morn in J League 2 is Shonan Belmare v Oita Trinita

I'm on Shonan win and BTTS 11/4 on bet365

http://ie.soccerway.com/matches/2014/04/20/japan/j2-league/shonan-bellmare/oita-trinita/1643931/head2head/

Shonan flying high with 7 straight wins of the 7 games so far this season. Only conceded in 2 games. However BTTS has collected for all 6 H2H on soccerway and Oita have only failed to score once this season. Also Shonan win and BTTS had collected last 3 H2H.

Pretty decent odds I think but I guess that's cause of the amount of clean sheets they've been keeping.

4-0 sorry Brad or anyone else that followed.

I thought Oita could be trusted because of the stats above and because the were in the J 1 league with Shonan last year.

However taking the silver lining that's 6/8 that win to nill has come in for Shonan.. Backing this every week would pay off well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

Lads a question for ye,relatively new to betting on football, only been going around a month or so, just wondering which bookies is the most popular/best to use? Have been using Paddy Power, quite happy with it but the one drawback is the limited cash out offers,namely for accumulators. Cheers guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Anonymou wrote: »
    Lads a question for ye,relatively new to betting on football, only been going around a month or so, just wondering which bookies is the most popular/best to use? Have been using Paddy Power, quite happy with it but the one drawback is the limited cash out offers,namely for accumulators. Cheers guys!

Bet365 would probably be best if you like to cash out often. Then there's Betfair of course which may think a bit of getting used to but will provide a btter return in the long term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Anonymou

Bet365 would probably be best if you like to cash out often. Then there's Betfair of course which may think a bit of getting used to but will provide a btter return in the long term.

Thanks for the reply! Do you usually use a mix of different websites or do you stick to one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Anonymou wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply! Do you usually use a mix of different websites or do you stick to one?

A mix. More bookies, better odds.

Tips for newbies thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056789020

Pure sex in the form of gambling advice. Read the Best bits and theory entries.
    http://betoftheweek.net/

I am on Over 40 Card Index @ 3.10 (City/Albion). The right and left backs for Albion will have trouble with City's pace. Zabaleta and Olsson both have the most Yellows of anyone in the league this season (10 each). Demichelis Always has a card in him. Think there is a good chance of this coming in personally. Giving it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

I am on Over 40 Card Index @ 3.10 (City/Albion). The right and left backs for Albion will have trouble with City's pace. Zabaleta and Olsson both have the most Yellows of anyone in the league this season (10 each). Demichelis Always has a card in him. Think there is a good chance of this coming in personally. Giving it a shot.

5 is a lot for the premiership coz the refs are thick as planks ,hope it wins though

It's came in 4/5 times for the most recent Phil Dowd matches.He's given 2 red cards in 5 as well.
    Might as well,WBA are fighting for their lives and Pellegrini should be motivated to end strong and not give the fans and media a chance to get on his back.

seanhynes wrote: »
    5 is a lot for the premiership coz the refs are thick as planks ,hope it wins though

I agree with the rubbish refs, but with at least one player for each team here consistent in getting cards this season - and the refs been told by their bosses to be consistent with theircards, I hope there is some consistency with this game. If so I think the cards have a solid chance.

Dowd also gave out two reds in his last four games, and three of those had a Card Index over 40 (55, 60 and 95!!!). Won't talk about the 20 Index one.... :o

Fingers crossed!

edit - Thanks for the above bradlente. Was writing mine when you wrote that!

Well balls Was looking good. Two early cards. Then the second half happened, and no one gave a **** for 45 minutes :(

Diego Costa save me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

8-10 wrote: »
    Hope this is the right place for this;

Just had a look through remaining games this season. Norwich are currently 14th, 7pts clear of relegation but of the below teams WBA and C Palace have a game in hand and Sunderland have 2 games in hand over them.

Last 4 fixtures for Norwich are:

Liverpool (H)
    Man United (A)
    Chelsea (A)
    Arsenal (H)

Very conceivable that they'll get no points from those 4 games. The 3 before that are easier but 2 of the 3 are away from home. Norwich haven't traveled well this year:

Away: Played 15, Won 2, Drawn 2, Lost 11, Goals For 11, Goals Against 36

So I wouldn't be confident in them winning both those away games (Swansea and Fulham) as they've only won 2 away all season to now. Their remaining home game is v West Brom who are also pretty bad away from home so I can see a result there.

But in the 7 matches I wouldn't be surprised if they only returned 7 or 8 points, which would leave them on 39 or 40pts, probably very very close to relegation. And if I'm harsh on them, I think they'll only actually get 5 points.

Ladbrokes have them at 5/1 to go down, PP have them at 4/1. Definite value I say.

Still without a win since this post. Outside relegation but only by 2pts and Man United (A), Chelsea (A) and Arsenal (H) to go.

Sunderland with a game in hand and home fixtures against West Brom, Swansea and Cardiff to go look likely to get some points.

Norwich now 1/5 with both ladbrokes and PP to go down so happy with that bet.

Sunderland @ 5/6 (PP) are a good bet with the extra game and the 3 home games to go (away game is United). Well worth a flutter at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

8-10 wrote: »
    Still without a win since this post. Outside relegation but only by 2pts and Man United (A), Chelsea (A) and Arsenal (H) to go.

Sunderland with a game in hand and home fixtures against West Brom, Swansea and Cardiff to go look likely to get some points.

Norwich now 1/5 with both ladbrokes and PP to go down so happy with that bet.

Sunderland @ 5/6 (PP) are a good bet with the extra game and the 3 home games to go (away game is United). Well worth a flutter at that price.

Does look a good bet my only concern for you is if arsenal have top 4 seen up last day with a cup final to come can see Norwich turning them over last day as any 50/50 arsenal player won't put there cup final on the line they will pull out where as Norwich will be fully committed and showed glimpses against Liverpool they are more than capable of pushing big teams close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Avfctom wrote: »
    Does look a good bet my only concern for you is if arsenal have top 4 seen up last day with a cup final to come can see Norwich turning them over last day as any 50/50 arsenal player won't put there cup final on the line they will pull out where as Norwich will be fully committed and showed glimpses against Liverpool they are more than capable of pushing big teams close

If Norwich get out of it you might want to start worrying about your boys Tom. They have been absolutely abysmal the last 5 games and finish the season away to Man City and Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭TheHannibal

Don't forget Fulham have Hull and Palace at home as well as Stoke away. All three have nothing to play for particularly.

If Norwich get out of it you might want to start worrying about your boys Tom. They have been absolutely abysmal the last 5 games and finish the season away to Man City and Spurs.

Iv worried about our boys from the minute benteke got injured with the takeover supposedly imminent in the summers villa have to stay up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Iv worried about our boys from the minute benteke got injured with the takeover supposedly imminent in the summers villa have to stay up

Yeah would agree have to stay up moneywise. Good news for you though is Moyes is now available when Lambert gets the bullet. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Will Di Maria start tonight do u think?? He has a couple of big goals lately and I noticed the Di Maria wincast is 17/2. Seems rather large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

I would say paradoxically they'd have more of a chance of turning over Arsenal if Arsenal had something to play for in that game. Could easily see Arsenal steamroll them with the pressure off - if you look at Arsenal's dead rubber games in other seasons, they tend to smash the opposition.

cson wrote: »
    I would say paradoxically they'd have more of a chance of turning over Arsenal if Arsenal had something to play for in that game. Could easily see Arsenal steamroll them with the pressure off - if you look at Arsenal's dead rubber games in other seasons, they tend to smash the opposition.

I had a look at Arsenal's dead rubber games for interest over the last 5 years - played 15 - W3(all by1 goal) Drew 5 Lost 7

So that would apparently say Norwich have a much better chance if Arsenal have nothing to play for.

If you got on @5/1 you could just back Norwich on the last day.

Yeah would agree have to stay up moneywise. Good news for you though is Moyes is now available when Lambert gets the bullet. :D

I'm one of the few that likes Moyes great manager built a reputation over ten years destroyed in under a year players and board just as much to blame back to tips anyway Real Madrid win both to score a able at 4/1 on messenger app also anyone new to the messenger app send me a pm can get a free bet

• Advertisement
Advertisement