Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cisheog/Kisheog tent ?

Options
  • 29-03-2014 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Hello All, I am looking for a "cisheog" tnet.
    -Not sure if I have spelled this right.
    It was suggested to get one for a first aid shelter for filed sports.

I understand it is a shelter that can be held in place by 4 people to provide short term shelter if a player is down.
    If anyone knows more about these, please let me know.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

oflynno wrote: »
    Hello All, I am looking for a "cisheog" tnet.
    -Not sure if I have spelled this right.

No, it's t-e-n-t.

oflynno wrote: »
    It was suggested to get one for a first aid shelter for filed sports.

Just looking at this again. A kisu is an emergency shelter to keep out the elements when you're caught out up on the hills. I'm no expert in first aid, but I doubt that a kisu would be the most appropriate first aid shelter for field sports.

Given the choice, I'd prefer to be a casualty on the back seat of a car rather than in a kisu.

OP, I think that your question may have more to do with first aid than outdoor pursuits, so it may be more suited to the Voluntary Emergency Services forum. This thread can be moved there, if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Kisu - Karrimor Instructor Survival Unit, I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭acorn

Yep, Karrimor Instructor Survival Unit is correct, always waiting for that to come up in a table quiz so I can look intelligent :-)

As for first aid incidents on playing fields many of them are lower leg injuries so getting into the back of a nearby car would not be a good option - a shelter of some sort while waiting for the ambulance is a very good idea.

• Advertisement

acorn wrote: »

As for first aid incidents on playing fields many of them are lower leg injuries so getting into the back of a nearby car would not be a good option - a shelter of some sort while waiting for the ambulance is a very good idea.

I wasn't trying to imply that the back of a car was a good option. What i meant was that having been in both the back of car and in a kisu, I would choose the car ahead of being surrounded by the spare bodies needed to support the kisu.

I don't doubt that a dedicated first aid shelter would be better than the back of a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

I got an emergency shelter in TK Maxx a while ago and have used it twice. Very useful kit. Mine is 2-3 person but 5 people fit nicely standing in a snow storm in Conamara in January. Room to take out the flasks and have a warm cup. Last weekend came out on top of Lugnacoille during lunch. Room for 4 people sitting.
    Wind chill gone and temp rises allowing mood and energy to improve. Highly recommend.
    Of course an old tent flysheet will do the job just as well. Pick up a couple after the next festival you go to.:)

Advertisement