Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Challenge 2: Lotus GTC Race @ Silverstone

Options
  • 22-04-2014 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

The 2nd boards.ie Assetto Corsa challenge has been set up.

The lotus GTC at Silverstone International, race challenge.

You can launch the challenge directly from inside the game once you have the RSR app and UI installed. In the main menu you should see the RSR button has been added.

If you click that button you can browse the RSR website from inside the game, go to the boards.ie challange page and you should see the race button in the top right that will load up the challenge for you.

It's going to run for 2 weeks to give busy people a chance to put in a time. although there's nothing stopping us from starting a new challenge every week so two could run consecutively for one week.

If anyone is good at making setups they can post them here.

You can use any tyres and it doesn't seem to restrict the difficulty. It's the over all time set to complete the race.

Fire up them engines!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Bah, it's not logging my time, if I go off during the session I have to quit and start again to get rid of the red light/invalid lap thing on the RSR lap.

The AI aren't great on this combo, probably should have experimented more on that side. Turn 1 is mayhem for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

ScumLord wrote: »
    Bah, it's not logging my time, if I go off during the session I have to quit and start again to get rid of the red light/invalid lap thing on the RSR lap.

The AI aren't great on this combo, probably should have experimented more on that side. Turn 1 is mayhem for me.

Yea first few corners with the AI are tough thou its a good combo
    i find the car very stiff and just cant get it settled arriving in to some of the corners but that i'd say can be fixed with the setup i'll see i can get time to do a setup and post later this week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Getting very sick of

The AI would fit in well on some of those American cop car TV shows :o

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

Will have to give it a try later tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

Jeez the AI is vicious on this combo!
    They drive into you like your not there at all...

• Advertisement

Replay of my fastest so far. you need to put it in to your replay folder and then play in game. got lucky with the AI at the start i find the out side of the first corner is good to get past most of them. Shadowplay is not working for me so I cant put it on youtude
    https://mega.co.nz/#!I912FKgI!hBww_6nkHvWmVVa5ej3TcngdtjCcYjdXfnRXBh52BuQ

Squidwert wrote: »
    Replay of my fastest so far. you need to put it in to your replay folder and then play in game. got lucky with the AI at the start i find the out side of the first corner is good to get past most of them. Shadowplay is not working for me so I cant put it on youtude
    https://mega.co.nz/#!I912FKgI!hBww_6nkHvWmVVa5ej3TcngdtjCcYjdXfnRXBh52BuQ

I'm finding it harder around the outside on the first bend - I just can't get the space to cut across them to get to the right hand side of the track for the 3rd bend. Cars always block me off.

Still saying that having a look at your replay managed to actually help me finally win the race :D Still a good 30 seconds of the pace compared to you guys but getting there slowly but surely.

Stowe is my least favourite bend by far - finding myself having to back off way to much because when I push it I end up over-steering and end up cutting the corner and sliding = 5 second penalty and a load of time knocked off. I wouldn't mind so much if it was under-steering and going too far wide which makes sense in my head but need to figure out how to adjust my driving to get around Stowe without loosing a second or two every lap.

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    I'm finding it harder around the outside on the first bend - I just can't get the space to cut across them to get to the right hand side of the track for the 3rd bend. Cars always block me off.

Still saying that having a look at your replay managed to actually help me finally win the race :D Still a good 30 seconds of the pace compared to you guys but getting there slowly but surely.

Stowe is my least favourite bend by far - finding myself having to back off way to much because when I push it I end up over-steering and end up cutting the corner and sliding = 5 second penalty and a load of time knocked off. I wouldn't mind so much if it was under-steering and going too far wide which makes sense in my head but need to figure out how to adjust my driving to get around Stowe without loosing a second or two every lap.

Keeping about 50% throttle while your braking really settles the car in to stowe.

johnmcdnl wrote: »

Keeping about 50% throttle while your braking really settles the car in to stowe.

Hi John
    I'm looking at the track records and by the looks of the second splits times your not having a problem at stowe :)

Theoretical Best Lap....................Best Split1...................................Best Split2
    1:01.833.......................0:30.537 by Jonas Celion....................0:31.296 by John McDonnell -

• Advertisement

Squidwert wrote: »
    Hi John
    I'm looking at the track records and by the looks of the second splits times your not having a problem at stowe :)

Theoretical Best Lap....................Best Split1...................................Best Split2
    1:01.833.......................0:30.537 by Jonas Celion....................0:31.296 by John McDonnell -

Oh I wish it was that easy :P I got rammed off the road by the AI so didn't go through the chicane at Club Corner on that miraculous lap :o I got pushed right through the rough but somehow held it all together and came out dead straight so actually made a **** load of time.

The game doesn't apply a penalty for going off track after an accident (hence why the app accepts it as a valid time) so I rolled with it. Didn't occur to me at the time that I'd possibly set the fastest sector 2 in the world by continuing on at full speed. There's someone out there I'm after stealing glory out of and I actually feel bad about it now :o

I'm getting the knack of Stowe though now so it's not too bad, but there's always 1-2 laps where it goes nasty still when I try to push it that little bit extra. Not always a crash or time penalty but loads of skidding around. Just don't have the machine like ability to nail 5 laps in a row yet. But getting there slowly but surely.

Once I get that bend nailed down though I get to start doing exams in college so I'll get the decision to try and knock 1/10ths of seconds of my times for the next 2-3 weeks or try to pass my exams. Decisions decisions

Advertisement