Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fuel prices????

Options
  • 19-08-2012 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

I thought I heard a few weeks back that fuel prices were coming down, now today I hear they're going back up and could be 1.80 a litre in a month or so. Anyone know why this is happening? It seems the cost of crude oil is gone down.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Fuel prices are going up by as much as 10 pence in the UK in next week-2 weeks.

They are blaming the fighting in Syria and also other middle eastern factors aswell.....(Iran)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Yes in July we were told they were dropping it by between 10-12cent but it never happened. Prices are going back up. I got my derv tonight at 154.9. Last time for a long time I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

Ffs!! Any excuse now i suppose! It's amazing how it goes up overnight yet takes months to come down if ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

they say its the weak euro and conflict is to blame. its bs though

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i heard this time it was Virgin Marries fault. She was not as honest as she should be, so the only way to fix that was making petrol prices higher.

that biitch.... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Mavv

paddy147 wrote: »
    They are blaming the fighting in Syria and also other middle eastern factors aswell.....(Iran)

That is always an excuse for bringing up the fuel prices... Middle East... :pac:

I'd like to be in Dubai :D

Shur any excuse will do now. The Irish have to put up with some ****e from the shower that some of us voted in to run the place. As a friend of mine says "We'd have had a revolution here years ago if we could get someone else to do it!" I think he's right...........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Taxes on fuel haven't changed. I fail to see how the government are to blame for short term price variations.

Taxes on fuel haven't changed. I fail to see how the government are to blame for short term price variations.

But paying nearly three quarters of a gallon of fuel in taxes is ok in your book is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Dartz

Exactly.

High fuel prices are in the government's interests because it boosts tax take. And bollox to everyone else because it's a tax people have to pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

How much in money terms do we pay in tax per litre? €1.xx?

It's around 70% iirc, absolute robbery anyway considering it will drive up the cost of everything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

171.9 for Unleaded on the N81 at The Spawell this evening, think I'll be taking the push bike to work from now on!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

I'm forever complaining about the cost of fuel so perhaps its time to put things into a bit of context. Considering the OP was fearful of petrol costing 1.80 around September 2012, we're not doing too bad with prices knocking around the 1.50 mark - give or take a few cents - at the end of 2013.

Now all we need is for the Government to reform our ridiculous Motor tax system and we might become a half decent Country in which to be a Motor-head again!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

There's Jesus rising stuff from the dead again :D

You gotta stop man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,153 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjDgDn5a0lKKH10buWWY_qmqTheyf30nQBvOr04tPTJ-Bxvymz

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

YbFocus wrote: »
    There's Jesus rising stuff from the dead again :D
    You gotta stop man :)

Its my birthday. It wouldn't be right if I didn't bring something back to life.

Just wait til Easter, then you'll see some real thread resurrections :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Please do not "resurrect" any old threads in future, it's against the charter.

You have been warned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement