Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ko Phi Phi - Accommodation advice

Options
  • 01-10-2012 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭

I am going to Ko Phi Phi next month during my trip to Thailand and I am wondering can someone who's been before recommend a place to stay.

I'm 28 and going with friends. A noisy hotel won't bother us but I would like somewhere I can relax during the day, and that is also quite central to everything. Don't really have a budget, Not looking for 5 star but a decent standard hotel is a must.

Phi Phi is one place I've struggled to get a whole lot of good info on compared to other parts of Thailand so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

Hey, Phi phi is one of those places you just rock up and lots of ppl at the docks will try sell you a room. I'd recommend PP Princess Resort. I didn't stay there but my mates did and I hung out there a fair bit. Savage infinity pool with bar and as they were sharing rooms i think it worked out at only 250B's each a night. Try and get a room in front of the pool. Its a pretty big place so you kind of get away from the noise of clubs come sleep time.. (i spent a week living over the reggae bar: no sleep :) ) It's much better value than a hostel too. Also the location is bang in the middle of everything.
    G'luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

I stayed in Phi Phi Popular resort for the 5 days I spent in Phi Phi. It was cheap enough, nothing amazing although it was right on the beach. The breakfast there was terrible so I wouldn’t bother with that.

There was a lovely place next door called Mama Beach Resort and I also saw that the Andaman Beach Resort looked good.

My advice is to stay on the Ton Sai side and then walk around to Loh Dolum if you want. It’s literally and this isn’t a joke a 5min walk. The stretch in the middle of Phi Phi is very thin. To me, the view Loh Dolum Bay has the better view because it’s not as spoiled by boats, however the Ton Sai bay beach is better for swimming etc. The beach at Loh Dolum is not great because it’s so shallow for what must be 500m. Not to mention it gets messy there at night over Slinkys nightclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lc180

Cheers for the great advice!

I think I'll aim to find a place on the Ton Sai side of the island, closer to the nightlife. But as you mentioned Phi Phi seems to be tiny, so not far if we need to go to the other beaches.

Thanks for the suggestions, I took a quick look at the PP Princess Resort and the infinity pool with the view looks amazing! Turns out its closed for renovation in October - damn! oh well

Thanks again

Advertisement