Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying an apple laptop in the US

Options
  • 16-10-2009 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

hi , does anybody have an reasons i should buy a new macbook pro in the US rather than ireland. they're 1100€ in Ireland and less than 750€ in America( with the 10% off for students). I have relatives in America coming over soon who i could get to take it with them. the warranty seems to be international as well. anything i'm missing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Nope, it's all good. I bought a Macbook Pro in NY in 2008 and it works perfectly and at that time I got it when the £ to $ exchange rate was 2:1 :D. You are better off getting a US to UK (and Ireland) adapter than buying a whole new power pack to plug it in and charge it.

The only thing I would recommend is that your relatives purchase a laptop bag, unbox the laptop from it's bulky packaging and carry it through customs in the laptop bag. I suggest that for ease and comfort of transport only and not to ensure that customs don't stop them and ask questions about why they are bringing a boxed laptop into the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 MacAttack84

yeah the only real issue is the power, i got mine over a couple of months back and all i needed for the power was a two pin kettle lead which i plug straight into the power supply and it does the job other than that its all good!

i second the idea of r3nu4l about the laptop case, just get them to buy a sleeve for it and make sure they take the manuals and cd's etc with them!

Advertisement