Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hankook Tyres

Options
  • 14-05-2009 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

Just picked up four of these, 245/45/17. Got them for a good price but didn't check any reviews.

Any one used them before?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

lordlame wrote: »
    Just picked up four of these, 245/45/17. Got them for a good price but didn't check any reviews.

Any one used them before?

standard kinda tyre imo grand for everyday driving, would i be right in saying they would about the same level as Nangkangs?
    i'd have no problem if they were on my car tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Only drove on them a few times and it was on a much smaller size but they were well off in the wet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 batman2000_ie

225/45/17
    IMO Hankook I thought were terrible tyres, horrible handling in corner's and brutal in the wet.

I think that the Falken's are good (esp in wet).I went to Dunlop's this time as there was only €10 per corner difference if you include the cost of getting them from the UK. Maybe Hankook have improved in the past 18 months ....

Whats a good price??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I'm driving on Hankook commercial tyres for the las two years and find them very good all round ...so it depends on the type as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭seanie500

have them as well on a 3 series got them almost 3 years and still plenty of thread

did fair bit of research b4 i bought The guy i bought off said one of their strong points was theey are very hardwearing and they definitely are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

225/45/17
    IMO Hankook I thought were terrible tyres, horrible handling in corner's and brutal in the wet.

I think that the Falken's are good (esp in wet).I went to Dunlop's this time as there was only 10 per corner difference if you include the cost of getting them from the UK. Maybe Hankook have improved in the past 18 months ....

Whats a good price??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

peasant wrote: »
    I'm driving on Hankook commercial tyres for the las two years and find them very good all round ...so it depends on the type as well.

I have to concur with Peasant,Hankook Dynapro HP in commercial sizes 265/70/16 are very hardwearing and great grip.
    In fact I would say that they beat Dunlops and Bridgestones in my estimation for my Jeep.
    But as always car tyres could be completely different.

Advertisement