Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Has anyone here failed their test more than once?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭mickey_t

My instructor (who was part of the institute of advanced motorists) told me it was an immediate failure if you touched the kerb. I know two people who were failed because of it (it was the only x mark on their exam sheet) so I'm not even bother getting into that argument.
    Originally posted by herbie747
    Like I said- I do accept that some reasons are valid- but those ones I listed ARE the pathetic excuses you hear from most people. I've heard them loads of times, and I know other people have.

Like I said in an earlier post, I just asked if you to look at the valid reasons (for people failing) that were put forward. You just posted the worst ones in reply. Thats why I was asking if you even listened to anyone elses opinions i.e. only hearing what you wanted to hear....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Originally posted by mickey_t
    My instructor (who was part of the institute of advanced motorists) told me it was an immediate failure if you touched the kerb.

Well then your instructor is either (a) an idoit, or (b) a liar.

There can be no argument about it- you are wrong. Thats a fact. Why don't you look into it.
    Ring the Irish School of Advanced Motoring and they'll tell you.
    01-8746677.

What driving school os your instructor with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Q. What should you do when joining motorway?
    A. You must use slip road and drive up to speed of other Motorway users before you enter and give way to right. (do stay in left lane until you have adjusted to speed of motorway traffic!!!).

http://www.osm.ie/motorway.htm
    Ormonde School of Motoring

Are you still certain about motorway joining right of way?

The "merging traffic on left" is an advisory only. Onus is on joining traffic. They can stop if necessary. Of course proper procedure is to match traffic speed, indicate and move into a gap in traffic. If a situation didnt arise, I'd use the hard shoulder, its not like there isnt roadspace to use, far better than braking hard, or moving out anyway into faster traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

There are 3 types of faults you can get on your driving test. Minor(grade 1), more serious(grade 2) and Major(grade 3). You fail if you get more than 8 'Grade 2' faults or any grade 3 faults.

If you hit the kerb, the driving tester could see this as not too serious and give you a Grade 2 fault. If you hit it while moving with a bit of speed then its a Grade 3 fault, and its a Grade 3 fault and you fail straight away. I should know cos i did that in my test. My Mam drove onto the Kerb and she passed.

There you go, no consistency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭mickey_t

Well then your instructor is either (a) an idoit, or (b) a liar
    Well its ironic that you implied he was an idiot when you couldn't even spell the word correctly yourself!

I thought the title of this thread was the most stupid thing I had heard in a while but that statement definitely tops it! Okay maybe the rules have changed since I got lessons and did the test 3 years ago BUT hitting the kerb definitely was a fail then. Otherwise the driving testers who failed my two friends must have been (a) an idiot, or (b) a liar, then!
    In any case the thread has dropped to the level of "I'm right and you're wrong" so I don't think its even worth the effort anymore...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

I'm actually sick of arguing now, so lets drop it.

And "Mickey_T", for future reference; pointing out spelling mistakes on a forum is too easy. Most of the regulars don't find it cool at all. I did it when I first joined, and now I realise that it's not cool to make fun of people who dropped out of school. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

I agree.

Though i also agree that when labelling someone an idiot one should be careful in exposing one's own mental capacity. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

here's a great site for would-be drivers. Has everything

http://www.soyouwanttodrive.com/

Advertisement