Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 36 Transfer Thread

• 19-04-2014 12:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭

Robbing Invincible's limelight just for the lolz...:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

a lot can change but plan is to bring in Mata for lallana (or toure if he's going to be out for dgw)

Rooney could change my mind though depending on how he plays tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lukaku to Rooney probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Lukaku + Barkley to Rooney and Mata.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Silva-Mata, Ki-Amalfitano,

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Depending if RVP is back I'll get him for a front 3 of suarez Aguero and RVP . then get in a united keeper/defender . mata already in as gw35's transfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

CSF wrote: »
    Lukaku to Rooney probably.

Same as for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Mass exodus of United players in I'd say...

I need to find a way to get Rooney in... Would have suited me much better if he was out for the season.

I went for ramsey over eriksen this week based on arsenals' next 2 fixtures after this week.

watching the Newcastle match here and I'm seriously considering getting giroud in for lukaku next week.

Having seen a few of their matches recently This current Newcastle side is right up there amongst one of the worst sides I can recall in the premier league. an absolute shambles at the back.

If the title comes down to the last day of the season Liverpool couldn't have picked a better game, I could honestly see them sticking 7 or 8 past Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I may do the unthinkable and go suarez to rooney and get suarez back in for gw 38. Ill more than likely capt rooney gw 36 and rooney or aguero gw 37. Costing an extra million to buy him back means nothing at this stage of the season. Chelsea gw 36 and palace gw 37 are the two best defensive teams in the league.
    My other option will be lukaku to rooney which will involve a 4 pt hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Mata in for Hazard, thought I had already made this transfer but turns out I didn't :( and maybe Dzeko out for Bony

• Advertisement

I may do the unthinkable and go suarez to rooney and get suarez back in for gw 38. Ill more than likely capt rooney gw 36 and rooney or aguero gw 37. Costing an extra million to buy him back means nothing at this stage of the season. Chelsea gw 36 and palace gw 37 are the two best defensive teams in the league.
    My other option will be lukaku to rooney which will involve a 4 pt hit.

think I'd prefer option b.

I don't think i'll be captaining suarez either week but def can't risk leaving him out altogether.

I currently have aguero, suarez and lukaku. I think I'd have to do too much to get rooney in as I want mata next week for lalanna so to get rooney in would involve 2 more transfers (-8). but having rooney for that dgw may well be worth a -8 hit.
    Other option as I stated a couple of posts up is get giroud in for lukaku as Newcastle are just awful. will watch tomorrow's matches anyway and see what I think of both rooney and giroud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Might just bank it for GW37.

Now likely to be Ramsey and Rooney for Lallana and Lukaku for a -4, both sshould do well till season end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Lukaku out. Rooney in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hogey007 wrote: »
    think I'd prefer option b.

I don't think i'll be captaining suarez either week but def can't risk leaving him out altogether.

I currently have aguero, suarez and lukaku. I think I'd have to do too much to get rooney in as I want mata next week for lalanna so to get rooney in would involve 2 more transfers (-8). but having rooney for that dgw may well be worth a -8 hit.
    Other option as I stated a couple of posts up is get giroud in for lukaku as Newcastle are just awful. will watch tomorrow's matches anyway and see what I think of both rooney and giroud.
    Ye I have the same front 3 as you. I could also do lallana and lukaku to sterling and rooney for a -4. Keep sterling on the bench tilll that newcastle game. That would give me a front 7 of ramsey, eriksen, mata, silva rooney, suarez, aguero for gw 36 and 37. Lots of football to be played this weekend and wont be making any decisions till friday anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

Probably Lallana -> Mata

or

Lallana&Lukaku -> AJ & Rooney for a hit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

adebayor out rooney in. useless ade!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Invincible

dahat wrote: »
    Robbing Invincible's limelight just for the lolz...:D

Probably get Mata in or swap Chelsea def for Utd one. Sadly, had funeral this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Rooney set to rise tonight. Like seriously? Hasn't even kicked a ball this game week. Could be injured or sent off tomorrow. I'll be doing Lukaku to Rooney next Friday most likely. I actually hope he gets sent off tomorrow. Just for the laugh. I'll assess Silva then as well. If he's not likely for the DGW i'll go a City defender instead of 2 mids and Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Okay if I'm going to do this it will have to be tonight. Im thinking of Lallana to Mata, Yaya to Nasri and Lukaku to Rooney at a -8, 0.2 remaining. I'm not sure to get rid of Yaya or Silva for Nasri (same price) and both will be back soon. Does Silvas injury prevent him from the DGW? Any thoughts on these transfers really appreciated guys!

• Advertisement

If City fall out of the running for the Premier League they may end up resting their World Cup players in the last game or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Rooney set to rise tonight. Like seriously? Hasn't even kicked a ball this game week. Could be injured or sent off tomorrow. I'll be doing Lukaku to Rooney next Friday most likely. I actually hope he gets sent off tomorrow. Just for the laugh. I'll assess Silva then as well. If he's not likely for the DGW i'll go a City defender instead of 2 mids and Aguero.
    Had planned on getting Ramsey and Rooney in for Lambert and mirralas. Can only afford it tonight due to price rises but will absolutely not be doing it. 2 players coming back from injury being signed before they play. Mental. Rooney a potential red card risk at goodison too.
    Will go with Rooney and someone cheaper than Ramsey next Friday.
    Sunderland have a lot of home fixtures coming up so I may risk Johnson......

km79 wrote: »
    Had planned on getting Ramsey and Rooney in for Lambert and mirralas. Can only afford it tonight due to price rises but will absolutely not be doing it. 2 players coming back from injury being signed before they play. Mental. Rooney a potential red card risk at goodison too.
    Will go with Rooney and someone cheaper than Ramsey next Friday.
    Sunderland have a lot of home fixtures coming up so I may risk Johnson......

It is mental. The Agüero injury against Barcelona was a prime example of it being best to wait. People took hits bringing him in and then further hits to get him out all in the same gameweek. It's silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

roryc wrote: »
    If City fall out of the running for the Premier League they may end up resting their World Cup players in the last game or two.

That's a possibility alright, but by my reckoning and I could be wrong, wouldn't the vast majority of their first team be going to the World Cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pellegrini has no reason to care about that IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Fairly certain I'll be doing Baines and Lukaku to Rooney and Smalling for -4. Debating whether to take a further hit for Mata as well or wait til GW37. He could score well against Norwich though. It would leave me with:

Mannone
    Zab Smalling Ward
    Silva Mata Gerrard Eriksen
    Aguero Suarez Rooney

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Silva or Toure out for Nasri??

Okay if I'm going to do this it will have to be tonight. Im thinking of Lallana to Mata, Yaya to Nasri and Lukaku to Rooney at a -8, 0.2 remaining. I'm not sure to get rid of Yaya or Silva for Nasri (same price) and both will be back soon. Does Silvas injury prevent him from the DGW? Any thoughts on these transfers really appreciated guys!

You've been going very well. I'm hugely surprised you're envisaging an 8 point hit, particularly after you took a hit this week iirc.

I'd go to -4 if I was you but not -8. I'd see no reason to rush into Nasri next week. City have Palace away. A very tough fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Lemlin wrote: »
    You've been going very well. I'm hugely surprised you're envisaging an 8 point hit, particularly after you took a hit this week iirc.

I'd go to -4 if I was you but not -8. I'd see no reason to rush into Nasri next week. City have Palace away. A very tough fixture.

Yea I wouldn't ditch Toure now if I had him, you should wait for injury news on him. I'm in a similar position in that I can't afford to get Rooney and Mata in for Lukaku and Lallana. I'm doing the Rooney transfer and Baines to Evra to free up funds for Mata next week. Is there a player you can downgrade in your defence to get some funds for the Mata transfer next week?

• Advertisement

Undecided on whether to get in Rooney or Mata next week, or take a hit to get both. A lot will depend on how Norwich look against Liverpool today. If they just lie back and take a beating I think both are vital.

I think I may also get Zab in as well as Rooney. If my lead remains at 20+, I definitely will to cut my rival's differentials going into the last few weeks.

I reckon he will also go Lukaku to Rooney next week.

The last two DGWs he has really gone for it stocking up on doublers.

Fairly certain I'll be doing Baines and Lukaku to Rooney and Smalling for -4. Debating whether to take a further hit for Mata as well or wait til GW37. He could score well against Norwich though. It would leave me with:

Mannone
    Zab Smalling Ward
    Silva Mata Gerrard Eriksen
    Aguero Suarez Rooney

How nailed on will Smalling be? Evans is supposed to be back next week. Could be some rotation to get him some gametime before the end of the season. Also the second game of the dgw against Hull is United's last home game. Which will be Vidic's last game for United at OT. I'd expect him to start if fit. Moyes has seemed happy to play and captain him despite him signing a contract with another team. Suppose same could be said of Ferdinand since it should be his last United home game too. Both could play that game. I think DDG is the only safe path to the United defense.

How nailed on will Smalling be? Evans is supposed to be back next week. Could be some rotation to get him some gametime before the end of the season. Also the second game of the dgw against Hull is United's last home game. Which will be Vidic's last game for United at OT. I'd expect him to start if fit. Moyes has seemed happy to play and captain him despite him signing a contract with another team. Suppose same could be said of Ferdinand since it should be his last United home game too. Both could play that game. I think DDG is the only safe path to the United defense.
    It will also prob be evras last home game.......

Good points thanks. Would like De Gea but that would mean not being able to afford both Mata and Rooney and I think they'll be more important to have. Might ditch the Man U defender idea altogether and go with Koscielny/Sagna instead for their two nice home fixtures I'd rather have Mannone and an Arsenal defender than De Gea and another cheap defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Good points thanks. Would like De Gea but that would mean not being able to afford both Mata and Rooney and I think they'll be more important to have. Might ditch the Man U defender idea altogether and go with Koscielny/Sagna instead for their two nice home fixtures.

Or go all out and get Mata, Rooney and RVP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,778 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I think DDG is the only safe path to the United defense.

Last time I read that from someone here, DDG was rested

Good points thanks. Would like De Gea but that would mean not being able to afford both Mata and Rooney and I think they'll be more important to have. Might ditch the Man U defender idea altogether and go with Koscielny/Sagna instead for their two nice home fixtures I'd rather have Mannone and an Arsenal defender than De Gea and another cheap defender.

Ron vlaar of villa will play both games and likely to get clean sheet home to hull......and is a bonus point magnet

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Last time I read that from someone here, DDG was rested

Granted it wasn't expected as keepers don't injure themselves too often. But he was rested before a big CL game. So at least that's easily explained. Suppose with not much to play for Lindegaard could easily get some time between the sticks. As someone mentioned above. Might Just ignore the minefield that the United defense could turn out to be.

Granted it wasn't expected as keepers don't injure themselves too often. But he was rested before a big CL game. So at least that's easily explained. Suppose with not much to play for Lindegaard could easily get some time between the sticks. As someone mentioned above. Might Just ignore the minefield that the United defense could turn out to be.

I have Chester and Bardsley and think I'll add a City defender like Zab because my rival has him. That would leave me playing:

Mannone
    Bardsley Chester Zab
    Mata Silva Eriksen Lallana
    Rooney Aguero Suarez

8 doublers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Might take a chance on Podolski as my third striker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Raf32 wrote: »
    Might take a chance on Podolski as my third striker

I've been keeping an eye on him. If Rooney doesn't look like an option then Pod is my second choice.

Ramsey's performance today has changed things for me. He's a must have for the last 3 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ramsey and Koscienly in, Distin and Bacuna (been a filler for a few weeks) out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Ramsey's performance today has changed things for me. He's a must have for the last 3 games.

Home to Newcastle next week too. Definite captain choice for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Distin out for either Coleman or Baines. It's pointless having an Everton defender if it's not one of those two really. Stupid on my half. I know United have a DGW but looking at them today it's hard to see any of them getting a big score..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Ramsey is definitely trumping Mata for me now. Mata plays too deep when Rooney is in the side. Will probably get Rooney in for Lukaku still though.

Lallana for Ramsey done, looking at lukaku now for Rooney but he looked way off form today

SantryRed wrote: »
    Home to Newcastle next week too. Definite captain choice for me.

Could be a great shout with Aguero and Suarez both having tricky games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,778 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Could be a great shout with Aguero and Suarez both having tricky games.

yea Captain choice will be interesting next week, one thing about Aguero would be if pool lost against Chelsea (unlikely), then with the city game after there would be all guns blazing (or should be).

Ace2007 wrote: »
    yea Captain choice will be interesting next week, one thing about Aguero would be if pool lost against Chelsea (unlikely), then with the city game after there would be all guns blazing (or should be).

Mourinho is a master at getting tactics right against tougher opposition. Have they lost a game to a top four team all season?

I think Liverpool have two tough games coming up. Chelsea and then Palace away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement