Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBMC On a Eken W70 Tablet Help

Options
  • 23-02-2014 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭

Ive a Chinese Eken W70 tablet which i haven't used too much.

Decided to try XMBC on it last night. The App downloads fine, and it starts up but then just shuts down.

Does any one know how i can get XBMC working on this tablet please.

Its running on Android os 4.0 on Ice Cream.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Try one of the nightly builds.

mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/android/arm/

A similar thing happened on my tablet. It kept crashing so I tried one of these & it's pretty stable now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Tried a few of the mirrors you suggested. They download and install fine, But when i open the app, it just goes to a Black screen and then crashes.

Any other suggestions please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I doubt that the tablet would be able to handle XBMC, have you heard of anyone getting it working on it yet ?

No i haven't?

That would probably explain why the app keeps shutting down every time i open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Yeah it should work. Did you try one of the older builds?

Download CleanMaster

Uninstall XBMC and clean everything. Then try this - https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmihldv0esew85l/WORKINGEXTRAMODDEDxbmc-disasm.apk - I think that's the correct one.

You need an external player with that build. MX Player, VLC player (Wasn't good/available at the time of that build, but works well with it now on some platforms.), and Wondershare player.

If that doesn't work there are others in the pigtown builds (South West Baltimore).
    If you want them let me know, but also, if you can, explain the error you are getting with that build.

• Advertisement

Cheers Chief. I will give this a go tomorrow when i get home from work.

Im not getting a error message, Its just when i open the app, the screen goes blank, and the app just crashes and goes back onto the home screen of the tablet.

Downloaded everything as you said Man, and tried to launch the App, but it doesn't launch for me. Everytime i try to launch it, it doesn't launch.

The app downloads fine, but doesn't open. It was the same when i downloaded other versions of XBMC.

All other Apps open fine on it.

eamonnq wrote: »

I can remember all of those issues. I'm pretty sure a modded version was working on the last wm8850 firmware. It was a while ago, and it may have required a third party launcher.

I'm looking through my stuff, can't find it, but I may have it elsewhere.

I'll post it here when I find it. I know it was that model.

Must keep an eye out for a cheap tablet that would run XBMC, would be very handy!!

I have a 6inch octacore phone on the way, so maybe I could give it a go on that!!

• Advertisement

eamonnq wrote: »
    Must keep an eye out for a cheap tablet that would run XBMC, would be very handy!!

I have a 6inch octacore phone on the way, so maybe I could give it a go on that!!

:D I'm sure it will without fault, with all the bells and whistles. :)

There are a few €30 - €40 Tablets that will run it.

@ OP - Try this and then reinstall from the dropbox link above.

The last post in the thread may be all you need - http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f906/wm8850-7inch-tablet-firmware-needed-1739699/

I think that would be the same firmware, although I'm not 100%.

Cheers Buddy ill give this another shot so.

Advertisement