Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone know were i can bring my dog swimming??

Options
  • 16-07-2009 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,
    Im just wondering if anyone can help me!! does anyone no of one of those swimming pools in dublin that are used for dog swimming/training?? if anyone could help me i would really appreciate it!! thanks!!!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

The Canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

elaine09 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Im just wondering if anyone can help me!! does anyone no of one of those swimming pools in dublin that are used for dog swimming/training?? if anyone could help me i would really appreciate it!! thanks!!!:D

I've never heard of any. Have you no local lake or river that you could drive to?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

Would you not bring him/her to a beach and wade out with them, would that be an option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭gillo_100

At first I when I read your post I thought you were joking, do they really have swimming pools for dogs?

I for the life of me can't fathom why anyone would want to bring their dog to one. Surely there is some nearby body of water which you can bring him to if you want him to swim. Also getting in and out of pool is quite hard if there is a drop, much easier to be just able to wade in and wade out.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭jkl

AFAIK some equestrian centres use them for rehabilitation purposes, might be worth a look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

gillo_100 wrote: »
    At first I when I read your post I thought you were joking, do they really have swimming pools for dogs?

I for the life of me can't fathom why anyone would want to bring their dog to one. Surely there is some nearby body of water which you can bring him to if you want him to swim. Also getting in and out of pool is quite hard if there is a drop, much easier to be just able to wade in and wade out.

They do have them, there is one up here (no use to you OP sorry) i saw the poster for it in the vets this evening, the gist of it was it was for rehab/exercise uses and actually showed a dog in a lifejacket type thing swimming :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

You have to pay to use these pools. Would you not just bring them to the canal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

There is one around the Coolock area in north Dublin, if you google dog hydrotherapy Ireland it might show you the details. it is for rehab, and I would highly recommend hydrotherapy for dogs if they need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭estreet girl

Thats amazing,never knew such a place existed.We had a lab for 12 years and he pratically lived in the sea.We got a rescue lab last year aged 3 or 4? and he has no interest/doesn't seem to know what to do.I have been known to wade out on Portmarnock beach just so he will follow me and swim,but he wont go in of his own accord.He will follow other dogs in as well,I can only assume his formative years didn't involve any play-time:(
    I will keep trying though.I would imagine the hydrotherapy is expensive and probably not neccessary in my dogs case.
    I would be interested to hear how you get on elaine09:)

Advertisement