Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for help unlocking a Samsung Galaxy S2

Options
  • 17-02-2014 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Mods, apologies if this is not suitable here but I'm trying to unlock a Samsung Galaxy S2 that is out of contract with Vodafone.

Applied for the code through the proper channels but after waiting over two weeks and getting nowhere.

Is there an easier way? I've seen sellers on ebay offering unlock codes. Has anyone used one that works that they'd recommend.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭t1mm

You can root it and then unlock it. All the information you need is on gsmarena.com :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

t1mm wrote: »
    You can root it and then unlock it. All the information you need is on gsmarena.com :)

Thanks for the pointer. The phone is already rooted from some custom rom shenanigans I did ages ago following a Kies 'upgrade'. I'll check it out. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I used

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.sgs2simunlockcode

Worked perfectly for me a couple of years ago on my old S2, recent reviews don't look great for it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Just get the unlock code on eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you're expecting vodafone to get back to you at some point I think it's probably easiest to unlock via root and then go back to stock when you get the unlock.

• Advertisement

Yes, Vodafone were reluctant to provide the unlock code to put it mildly and certainly couldn't be accused of making it easy.

Anyway thanks for the advice and options, much appreciated.

Found the ebay unlocking code route the easiest and went with that so all sorted now. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement