Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refurb iPod Classic €189

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Showing as £162 = around €230?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Doodah7

NATLOR wrote: »
    Showing as £162 = around €230?

Apologies, I had the UK site for some reason. I've now corrected with a link to the Irish Apple website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Thats a big difference in price between the two sites, in our favour for once :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

All gone it would seem...

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Drew P. Wiener

As far as impulse buys go, I'm unsure if that was the best, or the worst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

I'd admit to being temped, i love my current 160gb, its 7 years old now though and starting to get quite tempermental. Its pretty impressive its battery life is still good as its gotten a fair knocking. Im not convinced apple are vastly better than others, but its still the biggest mp3 player you can buy years later.

Biggest thing about it for me is that it has physical buttons. Ipod touches or smart phones are crap when they are in your pocket or if you want change track in the car

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

My ex has my 80gb one, didnt know they were still worth something :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

tallpaul wrote: »
    These are for sale on Apple's website for €189

http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/home/specialdeals/ipod/ipod_classic

in both colours. Given that they are going for crazy money on ebay, Adverts etc., this seems to be brilliant value

I got one on adverts last year for eur50, seller said there was a problem with the harddrive but I worked around it. Working perfect now and not a scratch on it. Pays to shop around. Battery life is excellent on these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I have my 80 gig classic 7 years this month and it's still perfect aside from the battery not been quite as long lasting as it once was.

When it gives up the ghost I will likely cry.

By a country mile it's the best bit of technology of the 21st century imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

Available again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

Not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Mine arrived this morning after beind dispatched at 6pm last night. Device is like new. Fantastic service.

tallpaul wrote:
    Mine arrived this morning after beind dispatched at 6pm last night. Device is like new. Fantastic service.

Mine also arrived this morning, even though apple emailed me on Weds saying my original delivery date of the 7th had been set back by 2 days due to high demand. Happy as a pig in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

What size were these? I still have my 30gb video ipod laying in the car, I bought it in 2007 and it's still going strong.

What size were these? I still have my 30gb video ipod laying in the car, I bought it in 2007 and it's still going strong.

160gb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Not being smart, am I missing something, it's just an mp3 player and an outdated one at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Not being smart, am I missing something, it's just an mp3 player and an outdated one at that.

It's because of the amount of inbuilt storage in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Sono

With excellent battery life and brilliant storage, what's there not to like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Sono wrote: »
    With excellent battery life and brilliant storage, what's there not to like?

Wouldn't be for me I'm afraid, I don't buy Apple and before you say anything I have a iPhone 5 and iPad mini for work which I leave in the van as I find them clunky and horrible to use. I had an iPod click years ago which I regretted buying shortly after, had a horrible experience with Apple support. One bitten...

Wouldn't be for me I'm afraid, I don't buy Apple and before you say anything I have a iPhone 5 and iPad mini for work which I leave in the van as I find them clunky and horrible to use. I had an iPod click years ago which I regretted buying shortly after, had a horrible experience with Apple support. One bitten...

I'd never buy anything from apple either, but this is my exception.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

I'd be of the same view point, however I'll see how I get on with my new linx 8 and high capacity sd cards first.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Your dislike of Apple products is duly noted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I've had my Classic 160gb for nearly 10 years at this stage. Unbelievably reliable with no issues yet. Few scratches but the battery life is pretty much what you're best expectations would be for an iPod this old. Think it's still 10+ hours of play at least before the battery goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Must dig out my iPod out, it's thrown in a drawer and stick it up on adverts, might get a few quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Sono

I've had my Classic 160gb for nearly 10 years at this stage. Unbelievably reliable with no issues yet. Few scratches but the battery life is pretty much what you're best expectations would be for an iPod this old. Think it's still 10+ hours of play at least before the battery goes.

Yet people wonder why these are highly sought after pieces of equipment.....

Advertisement