Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48" Sony BRAVIA KDL-48W585 (€430 + €27 = €457) from Amazon.de with MailBoxde.

Options
  • 19-12-2014 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

Another boards.ie user bought this tv from Amazon.de using mailboxde.com for €420 during a recent sale.

It's now €429.99, and they said it cost them €27 for shipping.

See thread here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057336312

Amazon Link
    http://www.amazon.de/Sony-KDL-48W585-LED-Backlight-Fernseher-Motionflow-schwarz/dp/B00JAYLPE2/ref=sr_1_1/276-2760694-4277813?ie=UTF8&qid=1418990848&sr=8-1&keywords=Sony+BRAVIA+KDL-48W585

eWG0PcW.jpg

Google Translate:
    Features

Picture: Full HD, Motionflow XR 100Hz, X-Reality PRO image processor Dynamic Edge LED backlight with dimming frame
    Total music power: 2x 8W Bass Reflex Speaker; S-Master digital amplifier; S-Force Front Sound; 5.1 channel audio output
    Smart TV: WiFi, Wi-Fi Direct, browser, Sony Entertainment Network, apps
    Intuitive SmartView surface; Live Football Fashion; Photo Share
    Practical networking with MHL screen mirroring
    USB recording, DLNA: Yes
    HD Triple Tuner: Yes
    VESA Standard: Yes
    File playback via USB: MPEG1 / MPEG2PS / MPEG2TS / AVCHD / MP4Part10 / MP4Part2 / AVI (XVID) / AVI (MotinJpeg) / MOV / WMV / MKV / WEBM / 3GPP / MP3 / WMA / WAV / JPEG / MPO / RAW (ARW)

connections

4 x HDMI input (ARC, MHL); LAN
    2 x USB 2.0
    1 x Scart
    1 x Component; 1 x composite
    2 x Audio In, 1 x Audio Out
    1 x headphone output

dimensions

Height with Stand: 67.5 cm
    Height without stand: 64.6 cm
    Width: 108.6 cm
    Depth with Stand: 18.1 cm
    Depth Without Stand: 9.0 cm
    Weight with stand: 10.3 kg
    Weight without pedestal: 9,9kg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Got this delivered a couple of weeks ago but not setup yet. Mailboxde however aren't taking tv's. See here for people that have had it refused. Mine managed to get through before this.

There are however another crowd called MyGermany.com people that have got it delivered through. No experience with them myself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Oh how I'd love this TV

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

Seems load of buyers on hotukdeals had trouble with mailboxde.com.

€40 delivery using mygermany.com according to one user.

So about €470 in total.
    link
    Cost of delivery paid to MyGermany 40 EUR.
    1 EURO registration
    36 EURO FedEx delivery
    3 EURO insurance.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Delivery = 55 using mygermany.com
    Insurance = 10
    Cost (now) = 449.99
    Total = 515'ish

Still great value- but not quite as good as previously.

Still deciding. Apparently it as to be Fed Exed- as the dimensions exceed DHL's shipping capacity (its a near thing- maybe you might get away with it- in which case it would be 30 for shipping, not 55.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭rightman

Not exactly about that tv but something on mailboxde.com - I have ordered one, relatively small thing from Amazon.de and...

- it took them 3 weeks to get it delivered
    - box squashed (thankfully no damage to the content as any claim/warranty would be a pure nightmare)
    - amazon order invoice covered in some food/sauce

Overall experience: Not amazed at all. Half way through the wait I was ready to buy it here at a higher price with local warranty. Imagine only DOA tv... It is not a legend - it does happen.

Just my opinion so you'd think twice before spending significant amount of money through them.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

Would well definitely recommend the tv after 2 months use.

I also had to use the warranty after mine was dead on arrival. As i didn't want to send back to Amazon I went straight to Sony who had it picked up and back to me pretty quick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

Would well definitely recommend the tv after 2 months use.

I also had to use the warranty after mine was dead on arrival. As i didn't want to send back to Amazon I went straight to Sony who had it picked up and back to me pretty quick

Does it pick up Saorview ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

oblig: http://www.rtings.com/info/fake-refresh-rates-samsung-clear-motion-rate-vs-sony-motionflow-vs-lg-trumotion

"100Hz" = 50/60hz in real terms, might be a dealbreaker for some.

oblig: http://www.rtings.com/info/fake-refresh-rates-samsung-clear-motion-rate-vs-sony-motionflow-vs-lg-trumotion

"100Hz" = 50/60hz in real terms, might be a dealbreaker for some.

It ridiculous that different manufacturers can advertise fake refresh rates - it is so misleading :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Barr wrote: »
    It ridiculous that different manufacturers can advertise fake refresh rates - it is so misleading :mad:

Thanks to the internet it'll eventually be a thing of the past :pac: for now at least we can easily research the truth, and otherwise assume that everything on their marketing numbers list are lies :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭Ardent

I picked this TV up at the weekend and can highly recommend it if anyone is looking for an alternative:
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1393840/Trail/searchtext%3ESAMSUNG.htm

Does it pick up Saorview ?
    Yup

Got this delivered a couple of weeks ago but not setup yet. Mailboxde however aren't taking tv's. See here for people that have had it refused. Mine managed to get through before this.

There are however another crowd called MyGermany.com people that have got it delivered through. No experience with them myself though.

How did you get it from Germany ? It looks a decent TV apart from being only 50mhz refresh.

How did you get it from Germany ? It looks a decent TV apart from being only 50mhz refresh.
    Used mailbox.de although they may not be shipping tvs anymore. MyGermany.com I think will ship it though.

I’m trying to decide between this and the LG650V. Not sure if the LG is worth an extra €150 from a bricks and mortar store. I will try and see both in the flesh and make a decision thereafter.

I’m trying to decide between this and the LG650V. Not sure if the LG is worth an extra €150 from a bricks and mortar store. I will try and see both in the flesh and make a decision thereafter.
    I wouldn't be worried about warranty on this anyway if that's the reason to go b&m. As per a previous post i had a power supply issue. Tv was picked up and returned to my house within a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭damemcd

Amazon will deliver this tv now it appears,no need for maibox,de.

Its gone back now to not being delivered to Ireland - I wonder was it a glitch in their system.

Strange it has changed everyday with some tvs, they have a Lg on special today which they were happy to deliver yesterday, but changed this morning.Still much cheaper than sniffing around sterling on amazon.co.uk.

• Advertisement

damemcd wrote: »
    Strange it has changed everyday with some tvs, they have a Lg on special today which they were happy to deliver yesterday, but changed this morning.Still much cheaper than sniffing around sterling on amazon.co.uk.

Which LG is that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

If one of these televisions says "Triple tuner (DVB-C / T / S2)", does that mean it will pick up Saorview?

Sorry for the newb question.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

If one of these televisions says "Triple tuner (DVB-C / T / S2)", does that mean it will pick up Saorview?

Sorry for the newb question.

Triple tuner means it has three tuners

(1)DVB -C = Cable tuner eg;UPC
    (2)DVB- T = Terrestial tuner eg; Saorview or the UK's Freeview
    (3)DVB -S2 =Satellite tuner Eg; All free to air satellite channels that your dish is pointed at

Thanks a lot.

I ordered this tv. €503 delivered by Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.de/Samsung-UE48H5570-LED-Backlight-Fernseher-100Hz-schwarz/dp/B00IVX8VDG

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

bondja80 wrote: »

Good spot, someone might make use of that.

I'll stick with the Amazon order though as I don't want the hassle of cancelling and re-ordering with them. At least I know what to expect with Amazon and their returns policy etc.

That site asks for either a bank transfer or Paypal(€9.03 fee) so the total is €486.77 if you use Paypal. Not a huge difference with Amazon's €503 total, although the tv is steadily rising by a few euro at a time on the Amazon site since I first checked the price yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

Good spot, someone might make use of that.

I'll stick with the Amazon order though as I don't want the hassle of cancelling and re-ordering with them. At least I know what to expect with Amazon and their returns policy etc.

That site asks for either a bank transfer or Paypal(€9.03 fee) so the total is €486.77 if you use Paypal. Not a huge difference with Amazon's €503 total, although the tv is steadily rising by a few euro at a time on the Amazon site since I first checked the price yesterday morning.

For bank transfers (vorauskasse), they don't take any fee. But anyway it is small difference in price, maybe is better to order on amazon.

Please post when it arrives, if its ok etc,if you can,thanks

• Advertisement

bondja80 wrote: »
    For bank transfers (vorauskasse), they don't take any fee. But anyway it is small difference in price, maybe is better to order on amazon.

Its 'uberweissung' actually- and they didn't charge anything- but it did take 2 days to hit their account (which is fair enough I guess)........

Advertisement