Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ian Taylor Headphones - €49.99 - Carphone Warehouse

Options
124»

Comments

Any way to switch off the LED permanently? It's blinking is fairly annoying in a dark room

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Just Google bluetooth adapter TV, seen a few on Ali express for 20 or so

Is this website reliable?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I have never had a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Cheers, I've seen a few things on it before and thought it looked a bit dodge but hadnt known anyone that had used it.

Mine have broken already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Yup mine too, let me guess - headband split in three separate areas. The clamping sort of feel has gone from them now.

Rafloution wrote: »
    Yup mine too, let me guess - headband split in three separate areas. The clamping sort of feel has gone from them now.

Mine full on cracked when unfolding the headphones today, not impressed at all with build quality. Wonder is it covered at all

https://www.dropbox.com/s/03wu5fejw82eza8/Broken.jpg?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

Mine full on cracked when unfolding the headphones today, not impressed at all with build quality. Wonder is it covered at all

https://www.dropbox.com/s/03wu5fejw82eza8/Broken.jpg?dl=0

Anyone try to return them to CPW? Mine cracked too. Emailed today and was told to contact the manufacturer. Won't be doing that - so will persevere with CPW.

RunRoryRun wrote: »
    Anyone try to return them to CPW? Mine cracked too. Emailed today and was told to contact the manufacturer. Won't be doing that - so will persevere with CPW.

I've actually done both with both of them fobbing me off to the other

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Wow, those headphones sound terrible.

Point carphonewarehouse at this thread, they should see others are having the same issues. Consumer laws and what not, CPW aren't allowed to point you towards the manufacturer.

• Advertisement

Thor wrote: »
    Wow, those headphones sound terrible.

Point carphonewarehouse at this thread, they should see others are having the same issues. Consumer laws and what not, CPW aren't allowed to point you towards the manufacturer.

They are arguing that the damage is the customer's fault rather than a faulty product, and thus voids the warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

They are arguing that the damage is the customer's fault rather than a faulty product, and thus voids the warranty.

They have to prove it was by the user and not a faulty unit. The fact that multiple people have the exact same issue clearly shows their faulty.

Make it clear other users have the same headphones bought from carphone warehouse and the plastic has failed in the same places. They can't argue that multiple people broke it in the same places so soon after buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Viscosity1

Thor wrote: »
    They have to prove it was by the user and not a faulty unit. The fact that multiple people have the exact same issue clearly shows their faulty.

Make it clear other users have the same headphones bought from carphone warehouse and the plastic has failed in the same places. They can't argue that multiple people broke it in the same places so soon after buying it.

Requested a refund too with the same problem - Only used them a few times and have noticed a small crack in the plastic - if I was to keep using them - the crack would just get bigger.

If they keep saying its an Ian Taylor issue - direct them here or to anywhere with Sale of Goods & Supply of Services Act (Takes me back to JC Business!)
    ''''.consumerhelp.ie/faulty-goods

Your contract is with the retailer or supplier who sold you the product so if there is a fault, it is up to them to fix it.

Juston your issues, are your cracks? or breaks?

Juston your issues, are your cracks? or breaks?

Cracks - haven't developed into full on breaks yet.

Well mine have split down the middle and left and right hinges- I've seen similar complaints including it7x2 own twitter feed and tesco's product review page.

Mine was a crack which lead to a break. All I did was take them off my head. After a week. Ridicuous

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

I've actually done both with both of them fobbing me off to the other

Ring consumer affairs, they will tell you your consumer rights, as far as I know you bought it from Carphonewarehouse so they have to deal with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Hope this helps.

Your rights as a consumer in Ireland
    If things go wrong

If you have a problem with an item that you have bought it is always the seller who should put things right. As a general rule, the seller can either repair or replace the item. Alternatively, they can refund the costs of the item or service to the consumer.
    If you are not satisfied with the quality of goods or services you can:
    • Return the goods to the supplier who sold it to you (you should not return the goods to the manufacturer)
    • Act as soon as you can – a delay can indicate that you have accepted faulty goods or services
    • Do not attempt to repair the item yourself or give it to anyone else to repair it
    • Make sure that you have a proof of purchase (a receipt, cheque stub, credit card statement or invoice)
    You have no grounds for redress if
    • You were told about the defect before you bought the item (for example, if the goods were marked 'shopsoiled')
    • You examined the item before you bought it and should have seen the defect
    • You bought the item knowing that it wasn’t fit for what you wanted it to do
    • You broke or damaged the product
    • You made a mistake when buying the item (for example, if you bought an item of clothing thinking it was black when it is actually navy)
    • You change your mind
    Retailers are not obliged to give refunds or credit notes under the above circumstances even if you show proof of purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 iT7Audio

Hi there, This is iT7 Audio customer support team. Please be aware that all iT7 Audio products carry a 2 year warranty and we are a very friendly bunch, so any issues you have with our products will be quickly dealt with!

Please feel free to message us on Twitter @iT7Audio with any queries and we will be more than happy to help.

Kind regards

iT7 Audio

• Advertisement

CPW just replied after a quick back and forth saying that they can confirm I can return the headphones for a full refund in any of their stores.

RunRoryRun wrote: »
    CPW just replied after a quick back and forth saying that they can confirm I can return the headphones for a full refund in any of their stores.

To what degree was the damage? Was this via email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭BabySlam

drewy16 wrote: »
    Let us know what thingy you get for letting you hear the tv, and how well it works please

Got a transmitter through ebay from decrescent, sterling payment came to 27 yo-yos; this is the second evening I am using it, the TV is just above mute and the sound through the headphones is loud and clear. Very Very pleased.:) thank you to Naughtb4 who put me on the right track.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

BabySlam wrote: »
    Got a transmitter through ebay from decrescent, sterling payment came to 27 yo-yos; this is the second evening I am using it, the TV is just above mute and the sound through the headphones is loud and clear. Very Very pleased.:) thank you to Naughtb4 who put me on the right track.

Any link for your transmitter :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭BabySlam

Any link for your transmitter :)

Here is a link to a product for music and below in the description is reference to the BTT196 which is what I got. The picture shows a BTT005 which is NOT the one I got - just be careful if ordering; it may be the same thing but I dont know.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Bluetooth-Music-Stereo-Audio-Transmitter-Adapter-Dongle-iPod-TV-PC-MP3-MP4-/381026013557?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item58b6eb9175

I am putting mine in the headphones port on the back of the TV and then it pairs with the headphones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

I brought mine back to Dun Laoghaire, a little bit of hesitation but rang customer care and then refunded on to my card.

had the same cracks everyone else complained about.

Update from me - It seems It7audio are arranging a replacement pair to be shipped, I am waiting for them to be delivered will post back when completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

You can easily get a pair of of AKG 451 headphones for the same price on Amazon and they are far better quality and are probably the best mid range headphones put there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=94600845

Anyone still looking for decent BT headphones, I went with these, can't fault them for the price tbh, decent sound, comfortable, and build quality is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Kolido wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=94600845

Anyone still looking for decent BT headphones, I went with these, can't fault them for the price tbh, decent sound, comfortable, and build quality is fine.

Are they still reduced?

Advertisement