Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can I please post photos?

Options
  • 01-11-2015 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

I read that it's 10 days and 50 posts before you can post links and photos. I joined boards.ie solely for my interest in photography but I still cannot post photographs, and I desperately want some feedback on my photos.

Is it possible to get this restriction lifted on a case-by-case basis? I understand its need to thwart spam and abuse (my job actually involves fighting spam) but 50 posts is harsh and I'm not sure I'll stick with boards.ie if I cannot get feedback on my photos.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Unfortunately not. The restriction is in place for all new accounts.

-Shield.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

sheepman wrote: »
    I read that it's 10 days and 50 posts before you can post links and photos. I joined boards.ie solely for my interest in photography but I still cannot post photographs, and I desperately want some feedback on my photos.

Is it possible to get this restriction lifted on a case-by-case basis? I understand its need to thwart spam and abuse (my job actually involves fighting spam) but 50 posts is harsh and I'm not sure I'll stick with boards.ie if I cannot get feedback on my photos.

18 down. You haven't far to go. Find a forum you've an interest in and get involved. Time will fly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Also, the restriction is lifted after 25 posts, not 50. That is the old limit.

-Shield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Look for the word relating to the word before post in after hours. You'll have your quota in no time.

FortySeven wrote: »
    Look for the word relating to the word before post in after hours. You'll have your quota in no time.
    This is not how a new user achieves 25 posts, and if seen to be posting drivel solely to boost post count, they run the risk of being banned from either the forum, the category, or the site itself.

-Shield.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Sorry, that's how I did it, didn't realise it was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭sheepman

Ah, 25 posts is a lot more manageable. Appreciate the help. Thanks guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

sheepman wrote: »
    Ah, 25 posts is a lot more manageable. Appreciate the help. Thanks guys.
    Cant wait to see these photos....they must be something really special:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I sheepman you mentioned you have an interest in photography perhaps offering your opinion on other posters photos will allow you to reach the 25 posts and I assume you offering your opinion on other peoples photos will also assist you in getting opinions on your photos when you begin to upload.

Cant wait to see these photos....they must be something really special:rolleyes:

What does that mean? The chap wants feedback and critique on photo work. Why would they need to be anything special? :confused:

• Advertisement

They are all terrible and I'm not just being modest. I'm new to photography and still trying to get the basics of even composition and light down. That said, I have a few not-too-bad-for-a-beginner photos that I'd love to get feedback on :)

lycan238 wrote: »
    I sheepman you mentioned you have an interest in photography perhaps offering your opinion on other posters photos will allow you to reach the 25 posts and I assume you offering your opinion on other peoples photos will also assist you in getting opinions on your photos when you begin to upload.

I guess I never thought of giving feedback as I'm a beginner and haven't really got a whole lot to offer. But you're probably right, I'll see what feedback I'm able to offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

What does that mean? The chap wants feedback and critique on photo work. Why would they need to be anything special? :confused:

Because the guy is begging to be let post them in an apparent hurry....

It was a lighthearted comment on a Sunday evening, not a challenge.

Enough people.

OP has had their question answered.

Thread closed.

-Shield.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement