Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

multiroom

Options
  • 06-12-2005 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

do i need to get sky multi room or is there other devices available in the likes of Power City.
    I have standard sky recently installed downstairs and I wanna watch it upstairs, I dont necessarily want to be able to change channel just stay in bed on a sunday morning watching one channel
    any suggestions would be appreciated,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Frisian

Go to your local lidl store and see if they have one of them video sender yokes left they were selling from last thursday. You can even change channels with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

you could also run a cable and use a tvlink

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Moanin

Run a cable from the back of your digibox to basically connect to the back of your other TV.You can buy what is called a sky Eye and change channels from the luxury of your own bed.....

Moanin wrote:
    Run a cable from the back of your digibox to basically connect to the back of your other TV.You can buy what is called a sky Eye and change channels from the luxury of your own bed.....

thought i just said that:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Will those eye links still work if you send the signal out through a box on the wall and then pop it in downstairs via a box or does the cable have to be connected directly between the 2 tellys ? I have sky piped upstairs around the house but the eye dosen't seem to work if it is not directly connected.

I knew you could send the signal around via the Signal sender yokes but I didn't think you could change the channel with them ? Do they all allow you to change the stations or is it only a few of them ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

wardie wrote:
    Will those eye links still work if you send the signal out through a box on the wall and then pop it in downstairs via a box or does the cable have to be connected directly between the 2 tellys ? I have sky piped upstairs around the house but the eye dosen't seem to work if it is not directly connected.

I knew you could send the signal around via the Signal sender yokes but I didn't think you could change the channel with them ? Do they all allow you to change the stations or is it only a few of them ?

It will work from the tv point in the wall as long as the two points are linked directly together...otherwise you need a special sky compatible distributor box in between your digibox and centrally where your tv points are cabled from..this is to enable the distribution of the remote signal voltage needed.

Most wireless tv signal senders also send remote signals but the picture is usally rubbish. One alternative is to use the wireless sender as the remote sender and piggy back the RF signal on your regualr TV point system in the house. (I have for my Sky + box as i already route the multiroom regular box around the house via the previously descibed method)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Virtually all video senders will remote control neary anything if you use the original remote at the distant receiver location.

Only some distribution amps will pass back the Sky eye and feed the 9V to it. B&Q and Argos both sell cheap 4 way amps that work with Sky Eye.

I have a cheap non-official "sky eye" (the offical ones have a spare remote) and it works any TV outlet as I replaced the 4 way amp with "Global" out of Argos.

Use RF2 on Sky box and installer menu to turn on feature.

The Sky box can even switch from Anaimorphic mode for 16:9 to Letterbox for 16:9 if it detects the Sky eye rather than local IR remote is used.

wardie wrote:
    Will those eye links still work if you send the signal out through a box on the wall and then pop it in downstairs via a box or does the cable have to be connected directly between the 2 tellys ?

as long as the wall sockets are "non isolating" IE can pass voltage, there should be no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Caribs

I got a philips 1400 wireless tv link from amazon and use it to get Sky in my bedroom. Signal quality is excellent although I had to play around with it a little to remove a few white horizontal lines. The set up is really simple and you can attach up to four signals through the box so we have sky, video, and our dvd running through it. Never any problem changing channels or flicking between DVD and Sky etc. Only slight drawback is that you cant scan through the channels while watching a programme as the remote wont let you but you can use the TV guide etc as normal. We also bought a second receiver and use that in the kitchen. Think the whole lot cost about €150 including delivery so still cheaper than buying a second digibox and no on-going additional subscription charges either.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Have you tried the actulal Sky remote with it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

The philips 1400 looks the part. Will most AV senders only take 1 scart connection ?

If you had 3 scarts running into a scart connecter would you then be able to pass it through ?

One last thing, is a VOIP like Blueface enough for the Sky contract to be upheld or do you need to keep your eircom number if using SKY+

Regards
    Brian

Advertisement