Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cork - Dublin train: has it gone downhill?

Options
  • 24-06-2014 7:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭

Hey so I'm currently sitting on the 6am Cork-Dublin train and it's the first time in over a year I've been on a train. I used take this train semi-regularly a few years back and it strikes me that the overall quality of the train has gone downhill in those years.

Firstly, the actual line seems to be far more shakey and bumpy than I remember. I had to do some work on way up, I literally could not write anything legible for the vast majority of the trip, and even typing is proving difficult as we sway back and forth.

Secondly, the quality of carriages seems to be lacking, there's a general sense of shabbiness about them, as if they have not been maintained at all since they were purchased, which is disappointing.

Finally, the electricity in my carriage doesn't seem to work, I went to the back right seat as usual so I could plug in laptop, unfortunately both sockets are out of action. Sad times all round.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

If it's a Mk4 set, they were awful to start with and many have been replaced already with InterCity railcars which some prefer and some don't (but have sockets at every seat)

Advertisement