Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

demand for hurling tickets

Options
  • 31-08-2015 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Is there much of demand for all Ireland hurling tickets this year as last year I remember a good few floating around croke park on the Sunday of the match

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

With the Galway bandwagon in full flow, expect there to be a shortage of tickets

However, there are always a few floating about.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭commonsense.

kala85 wrote:
    Is there much of demand for all Ireland hurling tickets this year as last year I remember a good few floating around croke park on the Sunday of the match

Hurling final tickets are never a major issue. Have never failed to get a ticket over the years(decades even) and have attended approx 30 finals since the 70s. There will be plenty available on Sunday morning if you haven't filled your quota by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭kala85

Are there many hurling tickets appearing tonight in the participating counties??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Yep. Obviously not necessarily beside the presentation in the Hogan stand but some decent Cusacks are floating around. Hill tickets will be easy to get on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Hurling final tickets are never a major issue. Have never failed to get a ticket over the years(decades even) and have attended approx 30 finals since the 70s. There will be plenty available on Sunday morning if you haven't filled your quota by then.

Where exactly would you always see people selling tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

kala85 wrote: »
    Are there many hurling tickets appearing tonight in the participating counties??

Got my ticket on Friday which is a day earlier than usual, so I'd expect this would be a complete sell out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Outside Gills, by the ticket office, outside that dodgy bar when you're heading towards the Cusack are 3 hotspots from my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭commonsense.

RoyalCelt wrote:

Float around the hotels on O'Connell St from 10am onwards with your eyes open and ear to the ground. If you don't get sorted there and match time is getting closer float around any of the crowded bars on the way to Croker.
    I'd be amazed if you didn't come across genuine guys trying to off load. As a last resort there are always the touts, but I never had to resort to them over the years.
    This is a hurling AI with KK one of the participants and their relatively small population - tickets will be available.

RoyalCelt wrote: »

The trick is to be as vocal as a tout, there's a reason they ask has anyone tickets since most sellers are a bit quiet shifting them.

Advertisement