Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chalk Paint

• 07-07-2014 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I'm wondering if there's any places close to Limerick City doing chalk paint for furniture.

I've seen a few places on http://www.anniesloan.ie/pages/annie-sloan-stockists-in-ireland it's 30mins each way to Nenagh or Ennis, not a million miles but not sure if I could coax someone to drive that far for paint.

I would also like to ask about making your own, has anyone had success with that?
    I know I could sand and paint but it's one less job and I've seen some nice results on youtube.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

home base and colour trend has it here in Waterford. maybe try the limerick branches

a friend painted a pine table and it looked great for about 3 years until it needed a repaint, it was in constant daily use though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    home base and colour trend has it here in Waterford. maybe try the limerick branches

a friend painted a pine table and it looked great for about 3 years until it needed a repaint, it was in constant daily use though.
    Oh nice! We've HB here so I'll hopefully find it there. 3 years is a long time though, I'm doing a book case and the front of some drawers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

I've done a bookcase, chalkboard and picture frames using DIY chalk paint - it's basically paint with white tile grout added to it - the more grout you add the chalkier the result.
    So I added more to a pale blue for a rough washed out look, less to dark grey for a chalkboard (and it works). Cheap and easy.
    Proper prep by sanding the piece makes things so much easier - you can manage without but a keyed surface makes the paint go on so much easier.

Advertisement