Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to Sell furniture pieces

• 01-06-2014 2:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭

Hi. Iv recently got into producing one off pieces of furniture. They're an industrial/retro style. This is just a hobby but I would like to start producing more to start selling.

Any advice on where to sell them or any suggestions of particular markets? The likes of adverts.ie is ok but you would really need to see the pieces in person to appreciate the style. I have also considered etsy.com but haven't tried to sell there yet. Would antique fairs be an idea?

So any thoughts or experiences, or any tips on how to progress with this?

I am based in Kildare/Dublin.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

My favourite hand craft sites are Etsy.com, Artfire.com, Misi UK, and Swoop.ie

They also sell some retro stuff here - see if its your thing:
    http://dublinflea.ie/dublin-flea-market-about-us.html

I'm no expert though, others will give you more info I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    My favourite hand craft sites are Etsy.com, Artfire.com, Misi UK, and Swoop.ie

They also sell some retro stuff here - see if its your thing:
    http://dublinflea.ie/dublin-flea-market-about-us.html

I'm no expert though, others will give you more info I'm sure.

Hey thanks for the advice. I did think about the flea market alright. It does say that it's second hand items though. I wonder did they have a lot of people selling their crafts etc and clamped down on it?

Ideally I would sell to people who are looking for fresh modern style with a retro twist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Suggest you pop along to that market and pick a few brains there to get a feel for what they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

The Brocante Market

The Co-op,

Newmarket Square,

Dublin .8.

The Brocante is a collection of Antiques, Furniture, Collectables & Curios from the past and the present. Covering everything from the bizarre to the mundane, the unique and the strange.

This is the first market of its kind in Dublin, giving the opportunity for everyday people as well as collectors and new enterprises an affordable outlet in an up and coming business.
    If you’re an interior designer or just have an eye for style in your home and are looking for a bargain, then The Brocante is the place for you.

Next Brocante: Sunday 15th June, 2014

Further information: Pat (085) 146 1277

General Enquiries:
    info@thebrocantemarket.com

https://www.facebook.com/thebrocantemarket

Lots of recycled/retro furniture at this monthly market. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭jennyjoy

Definitely look into etsy...it's very simple to post and create a shop. That helps to get you known on the web. I'd also suggest setting up a blog, you don't necessarily have to only talk about your furniture but it's another good outlet to have your furniture displayed and explained. Stop into shops that sell modern/handmade pieces (almost like boutiques but for home furnishings and decor) and see if you can speak with the manager or owner. A lot of times they like to have local pieces in their shops and see if they would be interested in some of your pieces. It's going to be a lot of networking, but having it in a store for people to touch and see while also having it reach a wider audience online is a great start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Tempersteel

Just set up an Etsy account yesterday and was fairly painless, seams like it will be a long road to getting it noticed by potential customers tho, not a lot of results seams to filter through to the search engines (google etc) so using blogs, twitter, facebook etc is a must to help promote you shop

Advertisement