Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSG MP40 in .22

Options
  • 11-08-2014 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

Found this on line:

http://gsg522.net/gsg-mp40-price-news/

From the specs, it would seem to be legal here! Or maybe the IDLTLOT "law" might come into force??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Legal but restricted so chances are your CS will want to know why you need it over an unrestricted semi auto such as a 10/22 or 597

Could be more hassle than its worth!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Re-enactment of WW2 battles! Do blanks cycle semi-auto rifles??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

chem wrote: »
    Re-enactment of WW2 battles! Do blanks cycle semi-auto rifles??

Eh don't say that...You don't point guns at people.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Ah C'mon Chem...You KNOW nowadays that you are not allowed to have any sort of FUN when shooting in Ireland !
    It must be a humourless,strictly regimented,PC ,non threating orderly affair that such "fun guns or plinkers" have NO place in whatsoever! After all you might consider yourself an SS Ober schar furher and flip the lid or somethin.:rolleyes:

Ironic that proably some bright spark will build a clamshell kit for a 10/22 to turn it into an MP40.There is one out to turn a 10/22 into an MG42 or a Thompson,or a Krinkov AK

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    It must be a humourless,strictly regimented,PC ,non threating orderly affair
    Hey now! Some of us like humourless, strictly regimented, PC , non-threating orderly affairs! We just don't get the same level of FUN out of buffoonery that has no rules and no way to tell if you're getting better, but where you can call a foreigner filthy names while calling it "all good fun" and simultaenously threatening to kick the **** out of anyone who disagrees!

What???

Well, what did you think non-threatening meant? And PC? Yeah, I'm with Dara on that one. If only because every single time I ever heard "let's call a spade a spade" when I was growing up, the speaker actually wanted to use a word that started with a completely different letter to describe someone with dark skin (or a different word to describe someone from Ireland), so when I hear that phrase now, even if it's meant more respectably, it's just so tainted by that. But hey, I'm sure that's not what you meant at all.

Actually, what did you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭mrbrianj

Wow, MP40 to racism in 6 posts

???????????????????????????:confused:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    ???????????????????????????:confused:
    I really hate it when people slag off PC without remembering what PC replaced. It's not perfect, but I'll take it over what we used to have in a heartbeat.

Also, I really do like humourless,strictly regimented,PC ,non threating orderly affairs, and I get a lot of fun out of them, so quit with the poking. You have your fun, I'll have mine and we'll all get on grand :D I mean, you show me a GSG MP40 and I'm just going to think "Why on earth would you do that, it's not going to be very accurate"; I show you my new LG40 and you're just going to think "Air rifle, and one you can't use anywhere except at 10m indoors. Booooooooring....".

Actually Sparks,
    I was going to write a long response to this but quite frankly I just couldnt be botherd.Take it as you want to.If you think this is somehow a personal attack on your sport and by some conveluted thought process a rascist post,I'm not going to be arsed in spending another four pages ,justifying ,arguing ,persuading or boring the heck out of everyone misfortune enough to read it.

Chem asked a simple question,I put my reply down in why it thought he has as much chance in hell of liscensing this here as I have of flying to the moon day after tomrrow in my home built spaceship in what I thought was a black humour way reflecting the real on the ground situation in Ireland with owning or applying for a "quare looking yoke" like the Mp40 .Its a fun gun,not a hunting,target or any disipline gun so the PTB wil say you cant liscense it as there is "no good reason " for it as it fits no known disiplines,there are better guns out there for the disiplines and as going to plink at a few tin cans or bottles in your local quarry or junkyard is some henious crime against the state and firearms laws,as it is shooting on an unapproved range.You have no good reason to own one of these either for what it was originally built for..Fun.

So please have the last word.
    I'm done replying to this thread.
    Grizz

Advertisement