Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long has your console lasted?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Rega wrote: »
    I've a release day ps3. Never gave me a minute's trouble.

Shouldn't have said that. It's going to die this evening isn't it?
    Sorry it died 5s after you hit "Post Reply"; you have my condolences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

I never had any trouble with my wii, xbox (when I had one) or ps3. My PS3 is acting a bit slowly though but thats maybe because the OS on the PS3 sucks.

My SNES is still going strong as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jonathan Clohessy

Pretty much all of my old consoles still work, nes snes sega's etc work fine... guess they built things to last back then where as my ps1 doesnt work anymore and ive went through my fair share of xbox 360's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

40 GB Fat PS3 2008-2012.

Breaks every few days now with the yellow light of death.

Has always had a very loud fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Got Wii on launch died 3 months after replace for a new one died after 7/8 months. Got my PS3 on launch traded it in for a 320gb smexy white slim and still working great. Got Xbox 360 Slim on launch still working fine, but I used it rarely, only about 4 times. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,260 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I have my 80gb PS3 since December 2008 and not a single bit of trouble (bar Fallout related freezes!).

Actually I still have my PS2 from January 2002 as well which is still going strong (well I say strong but I haven't used it since Persona 3).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Old arcade Xbox 360 Jasper chip model, going 3 years now not a bother on it.

Edit: Have a launch PS3 60GB still going strong too, that said it sees very little use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Fat PS3 40GB model, died after 4 years of me owning it. But I bought it 2nd hand (in 2008) so it was even older again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 jate3d9u1qxmwc

Have had my Xbox 360 S since the day it came out and still runs grand and have had my PS2 since the day it came out and the only thing it needed was replacement controllers from FIFA RAGE!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

Xbox 360 with little use and well ventilated, got just over 2 1/2 years before it died, thankfully still under warranty. Haven't really used the replacement much over the last two years, so it still works.

I'm sure the Wii also works under all that dust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Xbox Elite got the red ring, sent it back for a new one, that broke a year later, And i now currently have the Xbox 360 S.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭JonB

I'm on my 9th 360. All free repair bar the last one where I had to buy one as it was out of warranty. I had them break loads at the start. Fairly reliable now. I had a slim for over a year now no problem. I bought the 360 on launch day. Only time I got really pissed off when my 360 broke was for the Gears of War launch. As I remember going to the shops and picking up my copy of Gears that I had pre booked for a while but no 360 to play it on. It was made worse by the fact that the next day in school all my friends in school where talking about how good it was.

When I would tell people the high number of 360's I'm on they would always assume it was due to me mistreating them which isn't the reason why......
    I'm the type of person who cringes when I see a friend leave a disk out of its case or in a different case!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

i had a launch 360, that then broke and ive had the replacement since.

replacement was the RROD one.

Want a slim, as it would be quieter! then again, so would a train.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

My NES is still going strong after... 22ish years ^_^

Advertisement