Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De Selby - Tallaght

Options
  • 21-07-2010 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I am looking to buy a house around tallaght and with my budget i cant aford too much.. :o
    I'm searching a few areas, such as kingswood, kiltipper, aylesbury.. with i more or less know.. but.. do you know how good/bad of an area De Selby is? :rolleyes:
    Also, would you recommend Kilnamanagh and Glenview?
    Thanks!!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ladycurvy

Hi amira, I live in De Selby and purchased the house in the "good old days" back 4 years ago! The house was for sale originally for €420,000 and I got it for €390,000. I don't know how much they are going for now - id have to do a little research, but I would recomend the older type property rather than the newer. The newer are very small and boxy and also have tiny gardens. :eek:
    I have to say, we love it there now (we're from the Terenure / Rathfarnham area) and find it very safe - never any trouble from neighbouring so called "Tallaght trouble areas" and there has never ever been any break-ins or the likes that we (or our neighbours) have ever heard of in over 4 years there either.
    It is well positioned (provided you choose the houses towards the Blessington Road end of the estate and NOT the De Selby part down the end close to Jobstown) and the nearest shops are Citywest Shopping Centre which has loads and it is a lovely walk also.
    Plus Avoca is near too for nice lunches and also if you manage to find a property facing south you will have fantastic views of the mountains!!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

Thanks a mill ladycurvy!!
    That is actually a very good reply and very inviting comment.. glad to see that there are friendly people there as well.. who knows? we may be neighbours soon!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ladycurvy

your very welcome!! ;) Hope you are happy where ever you decide to purchase your first home!!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

Thanks again!!

and if it's not much to ask.. where are the older vs. newer type houses? when i visited the state all the houses looked the same to me.. maybe i didn't look very deeply..

Advertisement