Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra copies of games on steam?

Options
  • 16-07-2012 1:39pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey, I won this, the bethesda collection: (jaw dropped) http://store.steampowered.com/sub/15263/?snr=1_7_suggest__13

So I got an email to activate it but I already own skyrim. If I activate it do I get the extra copy or not?

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

give it to me ;)
    i presume youd get an extra copy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

no you get to gift it to someone (my username is caspa307 ;) )

how'd u win it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hey guys, it's already taken if I even have it :P

I won it on steamgifts.com (after thousands of entries)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

WTF !? I didn't know of this site !!

Sneaky git keeping it to yourself :P

Just signed up ...this better be legit...as soon as I logged in I got a message
    Your account has been verified, with 190 games, valued at $2,462.47

How do I earn points ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Thought everybody knew about that site! yeah it is tied into steam, it's all grand. It just verifies that you have over 50$ of games so that you are a real account.

You earn points when somebody creates a giveaway, you earn a fraction of what that game cost in points. I warn you, it has taken 2000 entries to win this, that is a lot of time entering things! (so worth it :p)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

No, you won't get an extra copy. Those bundle deals will state whether you get gift copies or not. The daily Indie Bundles are annoying that way. The only publisher pack where you get gift copies is the Valve Complete Pack and even then, it's only for some of the games.

BTW, you have to activate it on the account you won it on. It's against Steamgifts rules to do otherwise, and people have been banned in the past for it.

Thanks guys. All been sorted now anyway, turns out my gf won it and not me and I made a mistake (-_-), and she had none of the games. Would have been raging if I had lost the skyrim.

Thanks guys. All been sorted now anyway, turns out my gf won it and not me and I made a mistake (-_-), and she had none of the games. Would have been raging if I had lost the skyrim.

If you're both on the same IP, you should submit a support ticket on Steamgifts stating that you're different people and not out to scam the system by having multiple entries with different accounts. It's more a heads-up to them that you're legit by coming to them first and not being banned, then having to explain yourself.

I'm also incredibly jealous of you winning that -_- I saved up so many points just to enter that! And how can you be raging at winning something for free!? :pac:

Thanks, must do that, don't wanna get banned, great site!

It was like a whole days points, was waiting for ages, then she wins it -_-
    Ah yeah, not raging, just it's cool to play skyrim together having two copies, haha.

Thanks, must do that, don't wanna get banned, great site!

It was like a whole days points, was waiting for ages, then she wins it -_-
    Ah yeah, not raging, just it's cool to play skyrim together having two copies, haha.

I know, it's a great little site. Seems like boardsies are lucky today, I just won GTA: Vice City as well :D (Not as good as Skyrim though -_-) That makes it 1,439 entries and 3 wins.

You should consider giving back to the site. It's nothing without the contributors (plus you get to enter more limited giveaways)

• Advertisement

Well you have won more things than me (1!), similar entries. I won an indie bundle.

Really should, it has given us great joy now! Will have to pick up something on sale when I get money heh. Congrats on GTA, nice win! Would love that too, haven't played GTA in years, and deffo not ever on pc. I still remember the sweet game that was gta one. What a game.

Well you have won more things than me (1!), similar entries. I won an indie bundle.

Really should, it has given us great joy now! Will have to pick up something on sale when I get money heh. Congrats on GTA, nice win! Would love that too, haven't played GTA in years, and deffo not ever on pc. I still remember the sweet game that was gta one. What a game.

Well the other two games I won were Faerie Solitaire and Dwarfs?!. The dev for FS gave away 25,000 copies so not like there was any contest, but the Dwarfs had only 2,000 and 26,000 entries! Also won the Commandos games on another site too. I seem to be lucky this week for whatever reason.

/expects string of bad luck for rest of life :pac:

You could always give away that Lucid key you're trying to flog :P I presume you got it from the Reddit giveaway?

ive wanted faerie solitaire for ages haha! Even though it's a simple little game. Tried to get dwarfs myself. I got 2 for me and my gf from that giveaway, I got sent this one, I presume it was from that too :pac: I will give that away soon actually, will give you the heads up ;)

Advertisement