Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please advise

Options
  • 27-09-2014 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I completed a degree four years ago. I married with kids and my husband works. Please advise if i gave up my part time job to go back to study a postgrad would i be entitled to any assistance? Fees or allowences for living expenses. Also similar question regarding starting a brand new degree in a different field? Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Brand new degree no

Postgrad it really depends. Your husbands income would be assessed plus yours. If you applied for a grant from September 2015 the way the grant rules are at the moment your husbands income plus yours in 2014 would be assessed. If you earn under 31500 then you could get a grant for 2000 towards fees.

There are other options though

1 look at options of a part time course
    2 tax can be claimed back on third level fees

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Also similar question regarding starting a brand new degree in a different field?

As above from Joeytheparrot, and if you already have an honors degree, you will not be eligible for any grant assistance for a course at the same NFQ level or any NFQ level below.

Advertisement