Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky remote with Philips TV

• 22-02-2009 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi,
    Basically ive got a philips tv and i cant figure out how to get the sky plus remote control to control the tv as well as the box. Does anyone know how to get this to works

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

Go to Customer Service on the Sky Interactive Menu. follow the instructions for "Program Your Remote". You will need the model number of your TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

or you could read the instruction manual . (sky)

follow these instructions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭homelink

The de-fault settings for the sky remotes are usually compatible with all Phillips tv's.
    I know it might sound silly, but you could try taking the batteries out for about 10 mins. and try it again.It may be that the remote has been programmed for a different make of tv and taking the batteries out for 10 mins should de-fault the remote back to the factory settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

The philips code i use is 4805. The instructions should be under the battery cover.
    Press "tv"
    Hold down "select" and "red" together for 2 seconds
    Enter tv code "4805 ".
    I hope this is helpful, these are instructions for regular sky, not +.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Jimdagym wrote: »
    The philips code i use is 4805. The instructions should be under the battery cover.
    Press "tv"
    Hold down "select" and "red" together for 2 seconds
    Enter tv code "4805 ".
    I hope this is helpful, these are instructions for regular sky, not +.

Done a bit of reading up, and it seems sky plus has a completely different way of setting the remote through the interactive function. So maybe try that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

Mine is a sky plus and its 0584(phillips 28 inch)...do above and try this one

• Registered Users Posts: 5 saanco

lpool2k05 wrote: »
    Mine is a sky plus and its 0584(phillips 28 inch)...do above and try this one
    Thanks it works

• Registered Users Posts: 1 billyboy1able

My tv is a 65 inch and code 0584 works.and it's a Phillips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

My tv is a 65 inch and code 0584 works.and it's a Phillips.

Wow. 6 year bump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

evilivor wrote: »
    Wow. 6 year bump.

To be fair, its only a two year old bump, who in turn had bumped a then 3 year old thread.

See you all in 2016/17!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

mines a 32" and the code was 0584

thanks for your help guys

Advertisement