Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Studio Lighting (do they fear shadows?)

• 25-10-2006 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Struck by something watching the Premiership Live and highligts plus Seioge and Whateverhe'scallled this afternoon - the lighting is OTT. It feels like they have 1000w power lights bouncing off big sheets in every direction. Resulting in almost no shadow hence a low-contrast look which I find annoying.

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I've always hated RTE lighting aswell, it's far too harsh.
    You'd think they were trying to make big shiney spots on balding peoples heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

I hate shadows, makes the set look cheap.

I have the brightness up full on the tv because you can't see anything in some shows, eg.Star Trek, CSI (crime scene and outdoor at night) and X-files.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭sonofsam

who cares....this is worse than the conversations re: Rte graphics on this board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

sonofsam wrote:
    who cares....this is worse than the conversations re: Rte graphics on this board.
    Then why post in this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

sonofsam wrote:
    who cares....

obviously you, seeing as you posted here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's always bugged me too, you know it's RTE when you see it. Really harsh, like they are broadcasting about 20 meters from the centre of the sun.

But seriously, what difference does it make ??

I can see why discussions about the quality of programming is valid, but lighting and graphics FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

sonofsam wrote:

I can see why discussions about the quality of programming is valid, but lighting and graphics FFS.

obviously it makes no difference to you, but some people do have an opinion on it so why dont you let them discuss it and move on

rattled your cage have I ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

sonofsam wrote:

why ? because he replied to your post ? Im replying to your post also so by that logic you must have rattled my cage too.

If the thread doesnt inerest you, dont post in it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

sonofsam wrote:
    If you have no interest in the topic of the thread, please don't bother posting.

Consider this a warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

sonofsam wrote:

Consider it an aspect of the quality of the programming, if you need a "valid" excuse.

Fair enough.
    So who thinks it's hot under those lights ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

sonofsam wrote:
    Fair enough.
    So who thinks it's hot under those lights ?
    Seoige is very hot under the lights..........

Seriously though, RTE lights has also annoyed me, always really bright but I think the quality in production has dramatically increased in recent years

Advertisement