Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WALKER WPS50SNB 50" SMART TV

Options
  • 25-09-2014 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

This tv is for sale at a new shop in town , good deal. I have Humax box for uk free stations , my question , is will the integrated satellite receiver pick up saorview? Its not much use other wise/ thks

you can see link on www.soundstore.ie

many thks

Paddy

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

No, just like your Freesat box doesn't tune in Saorview channels, nor will the satellite tuner in the TV. The sat socket will only get you the channels you already have on your Humax, but without proper EPG listings.

You'd need to plug an aerial into the aerial socket of the TV for Saorview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

byte wrote: »
    No, just like your Freesat box doesn't tune in Saorview channels, nor will the satellite tuner in the TV. The sat socket will only get you the channels you already have on your Humax, but without proper EPG listings.

You'd need to plug an aerial into the aerial socket of the TV for Saorview.

Ta u mean through a stb then to tv for saorview ya ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

No what he means is the tv will have 2 seperate tuners, one is a saorview tuner and the other will be a sat tuner, they do not display the channels on a combined list you press a button to switch between the two.

The sat is basic in that it does not give you a proper epg it simply lists whats on now and next.

The walker is a vestel made product which are poor and limited functions personally I would avoid.

steveon wrote: »
    No what he means is the tv will have 2 seperate tuners, one is a saorview tuner and the other will be a sat tuner, they do not display the channels on a combined list you press a button to switch between the two.

The sat is basic in that it does not give you a proper epg it simply lists whats on now and next.

The walker is a vestel made product which are poor and limited functions personally I would avoid.

Ok will do many thks. I have around 500 to spend I have an old tv I have a humax and saorview box.. want to upgrade tv.
    I really only hoped to avoid using one box- ssaorview - but I want to be able to record rte occasionly - tv with saorview tuner and ability to record (usb hard drive) - is what I want
    ... would you recommend any particular brand for this purpose thks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

i am taking you are in cork €500 is a nice budget try harvey norman and currys as well for local shopping.

or maybe richersounds

• Advertisement

kooga wrote: »
    i am taking you are in cork €500 is a nice budget try harvey norman and currys as well for local shopping.

or maybe richersounds

Willi do thks - in meath!

Vestel, together with its subsidiary brands has a significant share in the European market of consumer electronics and home appliances, in particular TV sets.[1] As of 2006, Vestel was the largest TV producer in Europe with more than 8 million units sold, accounting for a quarter of the European market.[1] Vestel also has a subsidiary brand Vestfrost, 

Vestel. Can you elaborate? Nothing comes near spec on this tv. Netflix wifi two tuners - connecting humax with full epg etc through hmdi can't see any problem. Walker do reliable set top boxes thks

Vestel products in my opinion

Cheaply made

Poor sound

Poor power supplys in their sets...have seen countless numbers come back for repair on names such as Walker, toshiba and already seen a new Panasonic one fail.

Sat tuners are not freesat in tv's display now and next only. Do not find all channels when you search, you will need to add manually which is painful and time consuming.

Any I have seen had very little on them in the way of online features to classify them as a smart tv

Their sat boxes are again of poor build, I am continuously getting callbacks to retune them a problem vestel claimed has been sorted last yr It hasnt..

This is my opinion nobody has to listen to me.... I am not god...if u like what you see go for it but buy it local so at least then you have somewhere to return it to, buy online and have a problem and u will be waiting weeks for a replacement or repair and will probably have to pay some part of the shipping.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Vestel probably not the greatest TV alright.

There is a way to scan more channels with network search.

It's hidden in the manual search menu for some reason.

Works for me, using the default 10773 frequency.

Then rearrange and save my channels to USB stick via Satcodx menu.

Thks bought today. 499. Nothing comes near it for what I want. I have humax new set top box. I will connect to tv by hmdi.
    Function of tv as regards stations is thereby irrelevant. If it scans in rte etc..
    Im happy. I think you can record to usb- perfect if so. I have you tube on humax and netfliix on tv. Thats all I want. It's 2 year guarantee. Now I am buying sound bar in morning. Do you know if this tv has port for that or can you connect to hmdi for sound that will work ok on tv (saorview) & stb (humax) thks for all the comments

• Advertisement

I know that but still doesnt find everything...at least on the older models with golden grafix...

I know that but still doesnt find everything...at least on the older models with golden grafix...

Means nothing to me ... are you saying it wont find ..rte 1&2 tv3 news channels? ???-saorview stns

Means nothing to me ... are you saying it wont find ..rte 1&2 tv3 news channels? ???-saorview stns

It doesnt find all the fta sat channels....u have to add some manually...which is slow and tedious.

Covered already . Humax box for fta.

Thks

Covered already . Humax box for fta.

Thks

For you maybe but others will be interested too .

For you maybe but others will be interested too .

Perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jacob2

same tv as the 50 inch hitachi smart sold in argos but without the two year guarantee that walker has

jacob2 wrote: »
    same tv as the 50 inch hitachi smart sold in argos but without the two year guarantee that walker has

Alot of the tvs are made by vestel.in turkey but some of the internal component parts are different and of cheaper value hence the price difference. .....

The cheap range of Panasonic tvs a300 are same set but use panasonics own boring ui system and should u need the analog tuner avoid the a300 as the picture quality is the worse ive seen in a long time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jacob2

all the a series panasonic tvs are made in turkey the as series are made in japan

• Advertisement
Advertisement