Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to put unblocking code for Nokia Lumia 610

Options
  • 11-10-2012 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Did a search and not sure where to put this.

I aint got a clue re phones but my niece gave me her old mobile so gonna update to that one. She has giving me the unlocking code.

So what i think i need to do to enter it is power on phone with no sim and add the code on the emergency call screen.

Its an Irish vodaphone locked and my Sim is a Luxembourg one.

Any info appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Once you put in the new sim and power on the phone, it should then ask for the unblocking code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Paulw wrote: »
    Once you put in the new sim and power on the phone, it should then ask for the unblocking code.

Indeed it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Yeah thats what i thought would happen but it doesn't it still asks for a PIN and only 1 attempt left so not sure if wants the new SIM PIN or my nieces old one?? Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It wants the pin for the sim card that is in the phone. If you put that sim into another phone, it remains the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

chrislad wrote: »
    It wants the pin for the sim card that is in the phone. If you put that sim into another phone, it remains the same.

Yeah tried that with the last attempt and now wants the PUK to unlock it. Back in dublin tomorrow for the game so will go to a vodafone shop and ask them.

Thanks for the replies

• Advertisement
Advertisement