Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-05-2012, 00:16   #16
Ozymandius2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub45 View Post
When you cancelled did they ask you for the router back? Have you checked the terms and conditions to see if there is anything there about returning the router - also were they notifying you of the direct debits after you had left?
They didn't contact me to ask for the router back. I'm fairly sure the router stopped working anyway. I knew nothing of the continued direct debits until I checked my bank account transactions online a few days ago.
Advertisement
22-05-2012, 14:36   #17
RangeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandius2011 View Post
I will if they don't refund me.Same answer as above. Thanks for info and support folks.
OP, you can get a refund TODAY. Ring your bank and tell them that there are un-authorised direct debits taken from your account,. Have details of the amounts and dates. Under the Direct Debut Scheme, they MUST do this.
Quote:
Paying Banks Must:
  • Only pay direct debits in accordance with customers’ Instructions
  • Ensure that unauthorised and/or cancelled direct debits are intercepted and returned immediately on presentation
  • Promptly refund customers for indemnity claims and present the Indemnity to the Originator
  • Assist customers in resolving disputes with Originators
  • Inform the Sponsoring Bank if an Originator is not adhering to the Scheme Rules
You must ring your local branch. The one that holds your current account that the Direct Debit money is coming out of.

Your bank will tell you to get on to Imagine. Tell them, that under the Direct Debit Scheme, the bank is responsible for refunding you IMMEDIATELY. Your bank will then chance Imagine's bank for a refund but that's not your problem.

What bank are you with? I might be able to assist more if it's BOI and your branch aren't helping or giving a refund today.
22-05-2012, 15:40   #18
Ozymandius2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangeR View Post
OP, you can get a refund TODAY. Ring your bank and tell them that there are un-authorised direct debits taken from your account,. Have details of the amounts and dates. Under the Direct Debut Scheme, they MUST do this.

You must ring your local branch. The one that holds your current account that the Direct Debit money is coming out of.

Your bank will tell you to get on to Imagine. Tell them, that under the Direct Debit Scheme, the bank is responsible for refunding you IMMEDIATELY. Your bank will then chance Imagine's bank for a refund but that's not your problem.

What bank are you with? I might be able to assist more if it's BOI and your branch aren't helping or giving a refund today.
Thanks RangeR but I'm going to have a read through the terms and conditions first to make sure what they did was not allowed. The man on the phone claimed it had to do with my continued possession of their router.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion